+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Harvey Barnes...remember him?

Harvey Barnes...remember him?

Very well taken goal for Leicester...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gcvRRVgcWo
    Skip to near the end for his goal...2:20 Minute..

If only he got a full season with us 😢

If only Puel had been sacked a few weeks earlier

Cracking goal from a quality player, getting half a season of regular game time in an attacking team really helped him

More clubs and young players need to figure this out, also love his attitude and enthusiasm

Wish him all the best hopefully he will realise his potential and be a top player

(Alternatively fall out with someone at Leicester and get a free transfer to us in Jan) 🤣

I don't think we were an attacking team last season, but Barnes was outstanding for us. Without Barnes & Gayle we may well have gone down.
    Barnes would light up any team, including England. I'd hate to have played against him. Mind you it's unlikely he would have played in the Gloucester& District league

with Barnes all season we would have gone up for certain. Not an attacking team last season Chris? How come we were top scorers across all the divisions for most of the season? How do you do that without being an attacking team?

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    with Barnes all season we would have gone up for certain. Not an attacking team last season Chris? How come we were top scorers across all the divisions for most of the season? How do you do that without being an attacking team?
    That’s a total enigma for me too boingy - we were def an attacking team, that didn’t defend that well.

Fair point boingy. We had good strikers plus Barnes and goals were forthcoming. This season we get forward en masse but aren't creating many scoring chances. I'm never happy!

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    I don't think we were an attacking team last season, but Barnes was outstanding for us. Without Barnes & Gayle we may well have gone down.
    Barnes would light up any team, including England. I'd hate to have played against him. Mind you it's unlikely he would have played in the Gloucester& District league
    Hey Chris, we definitely weren't defensive

We concentrated more of the offensive part of our play

What id like to see from Slaven is to tighten up at the back too, as we wont score as many as last season

We would have gone up with decent managers. Look how many more goals Gayle may have scored if not played on the wing. The wing FFS ..,,,,,

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieSingh View Post
    Hey Chris, we definitely weren't defensive

We concentrated more of the offensive part of our play

What id like to see from Slaven is to tighten up at the back too, as we wont score as many as last season
    Particularly set pieces, we look so vulnerable...

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Fair point boingy. We had good strikers plus Barnes and goals were forthcoming. This season we get forward en masse but aren't creating many scoring chances. I'm never happy!
    Its a real pity Chris because we do look good in possession, comfortable, but you are right we don't create those crucial chances in the final third.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)