+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The 3rd Ashes Test

I wanted Leach in at 9 because I like his solid technique and he’s as much the hero as Stokes.

That Stokes innings at least matches Botham’s in 81 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    Extraordinary victory by England!!!!!! I think Stokes may just have eclipsed Botham of 1981?
    Absolutely unbelievable! We needed 88 to win with only Stokes and Leach remaining, the quality of Stokes and the intelligence in which he played was truely unbelievable, what a warrior. I thought the World Cup final win over NZ was breathtaking but for me this eclipsed it.

His celebration at the end after hitting that winning four was Stuart Pearce-esq!

Keep a thought for Leach aswell, fair play Jack lad!

Amazing, absolutely amazing.

If Stokes doesn’t win Sport Personality Of The Year I’ll wear my wife’s knickers to a match!

Reading all the posts on this subject, I think that there is a lot of egg on face tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Reading all the posts on this subject, I think that there is a lot of egg on face tonight!
    I don't think so Tipp....I really don't.....

Can't see the logic there Dub. We are 'shyte, rubbish, worse batting team' etc yet we beat the Aussies. What does that make them I ask?

It was an extraordinary victory but why did the umpire turn down that last lbw appeal, it was as 'nailed on' as you can get. If the Aussies hadn't wasted a review when it obviously wasn't out they would have been able to review that one and won the Ashes. That's what happens when panic sets in.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    It was an extraordinary victory but why did the umpire turn down that last lbw appeal, it was as 'nailed on' as you can get. If the Aussies hadn't wasted a review when it obviously wasn't out they would have been able to review that one and won the Ashes. That's what happens when panic sets in.
    Fortune did favour us in the Aussies using up that last review, but isn’t that sport all over LB? On another day Lowe wouldn’t have fumbled the ball and run Leach out, as you say panic set in, then Stokes was dropped, albeit one hell of a stretch but still catchable.

It’s so easy to be smug after the event so well done for that.....a first class effort.

Listen to what Bob Willis had to say......he was absolutely scathing about our batting as were our written press and rightly so.

Listen to Stuart Broad today.....he said he apologised to the rest of the team after the Aussies first innings because of the bowling effort,he said 120 or less was what we should’ve got them out for rather than nearly 60 more!

He was also forthright about the pitiful batting.

Today was a once in 38 years miracle,it’s only happened twice in my lifetime and I’ll be knocking 100 before I’ll witness it again.

There were still awful shots today by Bairstow,Root,Archer.......all of which were completely uncalled for in the circumstances.

If we don’t improve and get first innings runs in the next two matches we will not win The Ashes........end of!

Great stuff today though.

And crumbs from loads of humble pie, it's funny how most posters change midstream isn't it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)