+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The 3rd Ashes Test

The 3rd Ashes Test

At 136-2 I was seriously p e e d off,it should never have got to that........if we’d been more disciplined they’d have struggled to get 120.

These Ashes depend on Friday’s first innings for us I believe.

I don’t expect we’ll get more than 230-250 but if we could get 300-350 I think we’d not only win this match but also win the series.

Just as well for them that Anderson has been missing because with him and Archer and Broad we would’ve destroyed them.

Gloomy, overcast conditions today so an excellent toss to win. The weather is now set fair for the rest of this test so our batsmen ought to do the business. I feel the Gods are on our side for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    At 136-2 I was seriously p e e d off,it should never have got to that........if we’d been more disciplined they’d have struggled to get 120.

These Ashes depend on Friday’s first innings for us I believe.

I don’t expect we’ll get more than 230-250 but if we could get 300-350 I think we’d not only win this match but also win the series.

Just as well for them that Anderson has been missing because with him and Archer and Broad we would’ve destroyed them.
    Oh dear. 130-150 looks more likely.

I know Roy is not an opener, Surrey and cricinfo also know it why don't England selectors?

Quote Originally Posted by phild View Post
    ..I feel the Gods are on our side for this one.
    It appears the Gods aint English

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    Oh dear. 130-150 looks more likely.

I know Roy is not an opener, Surrey and cricinfo also know it why don't England selectors?
    I’m sick of hearing about the batting order.

It’s irrelevant......most of them are not good enough.

Root has been pathetic,no doubt it’ll be all down to “batting at three”.

This is the worst batting line up at test level since I started watching in 1972.

You could put them in any order and it’d make no difference.

What utter crap this English batting side is

6 down for 45 utter shambles. If Root can't win this test after our bowlers shoved it up em yesterday than he really ought to resign.

We might as well reverse the batting order!

We need to find some “stodgy” batsman like David Steele from the 70’s however boring he might be.

I’d even consider throwing the bat right at the start with “pinch hitters” than watch this s h I t.

Foakes has to play next match.

Just not good enough! Yes, the Aussies have bowled superbly but there is no excuse for some of the dismissals. What was Stokes doing playing at a ball that wouldn't have hit the proverbial 'barn door'. Why didn't Roy just shoulder arms instead of playing it? I could go on. I can't see us saving this game let alone winning it. Archer's now out, ducking a short one but with his bat standing up like a periscope. I give up!
    Last edited by Leicesterbaggie; 23-08-2019 at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Just not good enough! Yes, the Aussies have bowled superbly but there is no excuse for some of the dismissals. What was Stokes doing playing at a ball that wouldn't have hit the proverbial 'barn door'. Why didn't Roy just shoulder arms instead of playing it? I could go on. I can't see us saving this game let alone winning it. Archer's now out, ducking a short one but with his bat standing up like a periscope. I give up!
    When I went to lunch we were 2 down couldn't believe the Aussies were in when I got back. Where's me bat?

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)