+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good but worried

Good but worried

Like everyone else i am very happy with the start to the season but i am really concerned about the games which will inevitably come along when we are without White or Phillips.
    I cannot see how we can go through the season without these players missing games, quite possibly a lot of games.
    The lack of cover in central defemce is frightening. I like Besradi as cover fot the back four but we needed at least one extra central defender of quality. We all agree with this i believe.
    The time will come when these players are out and i cannot see us doing well without them.
    Other teams have good optiins as cover but we dont.
    It isnt a gloomy outlook and i am enjoying the start very much but i am concerned that the times will come when failure to invest will ruin our chances of automatic promotion or worse.
    White is class. Phillips is the best but we have no quality alternatives wben they are out.
    Anyone else concermed ?

Quote Originally Posted by lasher View Post
    Like everyone else i am very happy with the start to the season but i am really concerned about the games which will inevitably come along when we are without White or Phillips.
    I cannot see how we can go through the season without these players missing games, quite possibly a lot of games.
    The lack of cover in central defemce is frightening. I like Besradi as cover fot the back four but we needed at least one extra central defender of quality. We all agree with this i believe.
    The time will come when these players are out and i cannot see us doing well without them.
    Other teams have good optiins as cover but we dont.
    It isnt a gloomy outlook and i am enjoying the start very much but i am concerned that the times will come when failure to invest will ruin our chances of automatic promotion or worse.
    White is class. Phillips is the best but we have no quality alternatives wben they are out.
    Anyone else concermed ?
    Hear what you say but defensively we have only lost Jannson. White is much better and more suited to Bielsaball. So we are stronger than last season there. Struijk has come through and again is more of a Bielsa player. Dallas seems like first choice right back so when Ayling gets fit he is a possible CB too.

in addition Casilla is showing he is getting to grips with the league and showing more judgement on coming for crosses.

i think Phillips is a bigger loss as he has so much for that role, pace, an engine, can tackle, reads the game etc.

Its football though, we are continuing to play great attacking stuff so enjoy it and don’t worry about the uncontrollable - que sera sera

Any time there comes a high ball into our box i have to clench my bumcheeks.

Agree with what you are both saying but it would be a terrible error if these issues prevent promotion. Errors that could essily have been covered in the transfer market.
    I have great belief in Bielsaball but it is coupled with totally unneeded worry that i think will be a problem sooner or later.

Don't disagree with your well reasoned argument.

However, every team in the Championship is pretty much in the same situation. Not enough money to have surplus in any of the key positions.

we have a very good team, very good coach and the best feeder system in the league. we are also battle tested. we are like the blades last season where they faded at the end of the previous season.

we are the team to beat this season.

its Leeds we don’t do easy but having watched Take us Home pretty clear the whole management and director team want the club to be a long term success.

If if we do last season but better which is the Bielsa mantra we should be reet.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Any time there comes a high ball into my box i have to clench my bumcheeks.

Its a concern that.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Its a concern that.....
    nice to see you are worried about Billy’s arse

No one knows what is going to happen cause know one can read MB.
    Concerns 1=Small squad (Tick)
    2=Quality replacements (negative)
    We can only go along for the ride and hope like last season we don't run out of fuel.
    I can see Wednesday and Cardiff are going to be hard to go past but like i said wait and see.

We just need to hope Struijk is any good, I love Berardi but he is a liability at centre back and I shudder the day we are without Cooper AND White at the same time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)