+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Off for a day’s fishing......

O/T Off for a day’s fishing......

Anyone else been splodging of late?

Caught a beautiful specimen last week, 22lb sturgeon. Stunning fish and only the second time of ever catching one.

I thought it was the highlight of my day, until I caught the same fish again in the evening!
    The owner of the lake said he never seen anything like it, to see the same large fish caught twice by the same person on the same day. 🎣🎣🎣🎣🎣

I hope to catch the partner fish as this weighed 26.7lb last time it was caught!

Whatever you all do, enjoy your day and it’s going to be a warm one ☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️😎 UTM!

Where we are moving to I am going to be about 100m from a river. This river 'Vienne' has a very good stock of trout which you can see swimming with content all day long. There is a limit of 5 per angler per day. I am going to combine my canoe enjoyment with my rekindled passion for fishing.

I wish you luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Anyone else been splodging of late?

Caught a beautiful specimen last week, 22lb sturgeon. Stunning fish and only the second time of ever catching one.

I thought it was the highlight of my day, until I caught the same fish again in the evening!
    The owner of the lake said he never seen anything like it, to see the same large fish caught twice by the same person on the same day. ����������

I hope to catch the partner fish as this weighed 26.7lb last time it was caught!

Whatever you all do, enjoy your day and it’s going to be a warm one ☀️☀️☀️☀️☀️�� UTM!
    Good on you, Brin! Great to have such a passion for fishing. I did it in a very small way as a youngster so have some empathy - especially for that moment when you know you have a bite...

Cheers fellas.

Frog, fresh trout stuffed with almonds and garlic butter....mmmmmm

CT, yes when you have it hooked it’s a buzz be it 3oz or 3lb it’s great to land one.

Biggest I’ve ever caught was a whopping 68lb conger eel off Alderney. Frightened the s.hit out of me when the Captain got it on deck 😁😁😁😁

I love Coarse, Sea Fishing and Beachcasting.
    Not been sea fishing to Brid, Scarbro' ,Whitby, or Hartlepool for a long while and I've sold all my Beachcasting rods.
    Just introduced my eldest grandson to fishing and he enjoys it, keeps him out of trouble.

Let us know how you go on Brin and which Lake you're fishing, unless you want to keep that information secret.

Don't forget, use groundbait sparingly or it will over feed the fish or scare them off....a bit similar to this site..LOL..

Quote Originally Posted by CASPER-64-FRANK View Post
    I love Coarse, Sea Fishing and Beachcasting.
    Not been sea fishing to Brid, Scarbro' ,Whitby, or Hartlepool for a long while and I've sold all my Beachcasting rods.
    Just introduced my eldest grandson to fishing and he enjoys it, keeps him out of trouble.

Let us know how you go on Brin and which Lake you're fishing, unless you want to keep that information secret.

Don't forget, use groundbait sparingly or it will over feed the fish or scare them off....a bit similar to this site..LOL..
    I used to do a lot of shore fishing - wouldn't quite call it beachcasting - but for many years refused to try a multiplier. Finally bought one, practised in a field, got quite good and, sadly, have never been fishing since.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Where we are moving to I am going to be about 100m from a river. This river 'Vienne' has a very good stock of trout which you can see swimming with content all day long. There is a limit of 5 per angler per day. I am going to combine my canoe enjoyment with my rekindled passion for fishing.

I wish you luck!
    Is that the Vienne which flows into the Loire? I only ask because I'm pretty sure a friend of mine used to fish it for carp; presumably your trout stretch must be quite a bit upstream.

Since retiring and as about 200 Mts from the beach. I have taken up beach casting.
    I always went sea fishing , but this is something I can do daily.
    Not an expert like some but can cast 70-80 meters . Some people can piss that.
    Catch plenty of small flatties and small codling. All returned safe.
    In July it is a magnet for smoothhounds.
    But I have yet to get one.
    Bait can be a bit expensive. Peeler crabs a quid each and black lug worm 50p each.
    Apparently time fishing doesn't come off your life expectancy as it is so good for you.

crashbang, it was the cost of bait and the inconvenience of driving to the fishing shop that was a main reason for me packing it in. Where I go the fish will only take lug or peeler crab. In Ireland I buy a few mackerel, chop 'em up and fish with them and the fish go mad for it.

Bait and tackle shop 10 mins away. It's not just the cost .I don't mind that.
    It's the availability. I have to check day before what they have.
    Sometimes I get normal lug or yellowtails a bit cheaper.
    When possible I freeze some. If our lass isn't looking.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast