+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT The Ashes & Notts CCC

The England test team have been a disgrace under Bayliss he should have gone after the 4-0 loss away to Australia.

The excuses being rolled out are we won world cup and that was the focus ....sorry not having that Ponting/Warne won world cups they didnt then slack off in test matches.

In the last 3 innings Buttler has batted at 5,6&7 yes he has been poor but if you keep moving people around it messes the team up.

I wouldnt be surprised if Denly opens and Roy goes to 4 in the 2nd innings hammering we are going to get.

Its a shambles of a set up its not like we didnt know The Ashes was going to be played and the planning of the T20 being on during the series means nobody is getting red ball practice !

As for Root he needs sacking for his own career really he is no good at it and cant handle it.

If I was Moeen Ali i'd be furious the way he has been handled I mean he was awful granted in the first test but his mate Bairstow averages 24 over 18 months in test cricket but stays in the side regardless.

I’m not massively in the know with cricket but i do like to keep an eye on Notts and England of course. I remember being told once that your openers were there to wear the new ball down to a point that the middle order would also have some success with the older, slower ball. If this is true does that mean our middle order has been left somewhat exposed to a newer ball? I could be talking complete bullocks but just thought I’d ask!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    I’m not massively in the know with cricket but i do like to keep an eye on Notts and England of course. I remember being told once that your openers were there to wear the new ball down to a point that the middle order would also have some success with the older, slower ball. If this is true does that mean our middle order has been left somewhat exposed to a newer ball? I could be talking complete bullocks but just thought I’d ask!
    That is correct but what we seem to do is be 10-2 and try to hit our way out of trouble sometimes it works but when you are up against the best bowling attack in the world in my opinion with good bowling conditions you can’t just throw the bat at the ball.

I’d sack Bayliss right now as he quite frankly has been shocking in the test arena but as he “won” the World Cup we won’t do that so expect us to lose 3-1 or 4-0 hopefully the latter so we can get rid of Root as well .....we aren’t winning in SA with him as captain that’s for sure.

It seems to me that both Notts and England have concentrated purely on the limited over game and totally disregarded the "red ball" format. Graphically illustrated by the results of both teams. Time for a change in management of both Notts and England was obvious at the end of last season, but the limited over game seems to take presidence. Surely there is sufficient talent available to accommodate both formats.
    I am also concerned that Trent Bridge, which I consider to be one of the finest test ground in the world, is falling down the pecking order for test matches. I would love to know what the future plans of the Notts committee are in respect of the long term future of both the approach to cricket in 2020, and attracting Stella test matches back to Nottingham.

I agree about Trent Bridge moving down the pecking order do Lords and The Oval HAVE to be give. ashes tests all the time ?

The problem is Oval, Lords, Edgbaston due to capacity will get them and Mr Yorkshire aka Colin Graves has made sure his team now get big test matches when the ground isn’t as good as TB and we have a shocking record too !

We are pretty much fighting it out with Cardiff..Hampshire..Durham..Old Trafford for big test.

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    That is correct but what we seem to do is be 10-2 and try to hit our way out of trouble sometimes it works but when you are up against the best bowling attack in the world in my opinion with good bowling conditions you can’t just throw the bat at the ball.
    We need a (Sir) Geoffrey Boycott-type to drop anchor, at least at one end. I know he wasn't everyone's cup of tea, and if you had a team of Boycotts you would draw every game, but the current batsmen all want to play shots all the time, and when one goes it's likes a row of dominoes. Steve Smith for the Aussies is exceptional because he manages to anchor one end and still be quite fast scoring.

I agree Jackal I can remember everyone slagging Cook off he was imo a decent captain and our best batsman.

Some will argue Root was better but he hasnt faced the new ball all his career.

Boycott is exactly what we need or another Strauss/Cook the modern player blocks a few overs and then start playing shots.

Vaughan is right we havent got any plans at all in this side its group 11 players together and hope we can get to 300 nobody seems capable of getting 400 these days.

... seems to me few mention the blindingly obvious - or is it assumed - that money, just like in football, has ruined the game. It means the inevitable move towards televised super leagues with the grass root game - football and cricket - withering on the vine. Depressing.

England making a decent attempt at chasing the 359, 3rd wicket partnership of 125 and still going....is the unthinkable going to happen?

Showing some spunk at last.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast