+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: team tomorrow

team tomorrow

Clyde reported there's a sickness bug in the squad, without naming names, and official team news from the club has been missing this week.

So with that in mind, the guess for tomorrow...

Gilliespie or Carson in goals - the fact Carson scarcely got a look even in the League Cup gives me the impression, based on nothing other than intuition, he is not near his old self. Otherwise he'd have got a fair chance to compete for number one. So with that in mind I'd stick with Gilliespie but tbh unless you see training every day it's impossible to tell.

Carroll in at left back, Tait on the right is a no brainer. Gallagher will keep his spot. Dunne could arguably do with a break but Hartley seems out the picture and we're trying to turn Maguire into a midfielder. Tend to think Dunne will keep his spot but is surely approaching his last chance before being dropped.

Campbell will keep his spot and Donnelly has shown some potential in midfield. But he's not actually been great at his main job, namely protecting the defence. I'd be tempted to move Grimshaw to six and have the other pair charging up and down in front of him. It's limited in passing but you're a hell of an optimist if you see tomorrow being won based on skill against that opposition on that pitch.

The front three is a complete shambles. With that in mind I'd consider starting Polworth either nominally on a wing with license to roam or as a 10. The other two spots could be drawn out a hat quite frankly...pair Scott and Long as 4-3-1-2? It gives up any pretence of width but the wingers are guff anyway? Or pick one of them and a random winger to be nailed to a flank for width? Continuing with a rookie striker and two rookie wingers is surely not on. We can carry one 'project' to develop, maybe two on rare occasions, but all three across the front line being - generously - works in progress is a disaster.

You also need to think that Semple and Maguire, if not thrown in tomorrow given the circumstances, may get a shot sooner than Turnbull did last season if this continues much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Clyde reported there's a sickness bug in the squad, without naming names, and official team news from the club has been missing this week.

So with that in mind, the guess for tomorrow...

Gilliespie or Carson in goals - the fact Carson scarcely got a look even in the League Cup gives me the impression, based on nothing other than intuition, he is not near his old self. Otherwise he'd have got a fair chance to compete for number one. So with that in mind I'd stick with Gilliespie but tbh unless you see training every day it's impossible to tell.

Carroll in at left back, Tait on the right is a no brainer. Gallagher will keep his spot. Dunne could arguably do with a break but Hartley seems out the picture and we're trying to turn Maguire into a midfielder. Tend to think Dunne will keep his spot but is surely approaching his last chance before being dropped.

Campbell will keep his spot and Donnelly has shown some potential in midfield. But he's not actually been great at his main job, namely protecting the defence. I'd be tempted to move Grimshaw to six and have the other pair charging up and down in front of him. It's limited in passing but you're a hell of an optimist if you see tomorrow being won based on skill against that opposition on that pitch.

The front three is a complete shambles. With that in mind I'd consider starting Polworth either nominally on a wing with license to roam or as a 10. The other two spots could be drawn out a hat quite frankly...pair Scott and Long as 4-3-1-2? It gives up any pretence of width but the wingers are guff anyway? Or pick one of them and a random winger to be nailed to a flank for width? Continuing with a rookie striker and two rookie wingers is surely not on. We can carry one 'project' to develop, maybe two on rare occasions, but all three across the front line being - generously - works in progress is a disaster.

You also need to think that Semple and Maguire, if not thrown in tomorrow given the circumstances, may get a shot sooner than Turnbull did last season if this continues much longer.
    Risky, given what's likely to be, as ever, a 'muscular' match, but I'd be tempted to give Semple the gig; he's a good at finding space and he can pass. Start him and see what happens?

Accies will accommodate Lewis Smith who by all accounts seems a player rather than a pure bruiser so if they can manage it surely so can we...

Maybe you guys are forgetting tomorrow's match is a lottery due to 1 thing; we could have Ronny Ronaldo, Leo Messi and Mo Sallah as a front 3, but on that absolute turd of a pitch perhaps none of them would find the net? The place should be demolished, and those sHAMateurs should be shoved down to junior leagues ... that's assuming the juniors would accept them? First time in over 20 years I won't be at our away game against them. But seriously, I can't bring myself to watch 5hite. And, the extortionate ticket price ... WTF!?!?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)