+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do Millers fans have a Sheff Wednesday style attitude towards Donny and Chezzy?

Do Millers fans have a Sheff Wednesday style attitude towards Donny and Chezzy?

I think we do.

I think we don't

I despise chesterfield much more than Wednesday.
    Historically played them a lot more. Such a horrible night when they did us 5-0 in Ronnie’s last game. A chesterfield fan spat on my mate on the way out and it didn’t end well. I’ve enjoyed seeing their struggle over the last 5 years.

In fact my friends that support Wednesday and I grew up in Dinnington so there’s plenty of them are dead right. Know their football and I played at a decent level with a lot of them.
    We still have the odd reunion and talk about when Bradford PA played us at Hillsborough and won 10-1.

I can't stand Chezzy either.

Loved it when they dropped out of the league.

I’d pick any Yorkshire club over chesterfield or Mansfield.
    Had 7 bells kicked out of me at Mansfield when I was 19.

Hate Chesterfield with a passion, I live closer to Chesterfield than Rotherham, I remember our last game there and sat in local pub chatting to chezzy fans for hours, walked to ground with them in good spirits and as soon as we got to ground one of them sucker punched me and run towards the coppers so I couldn’t do owt, absolutely winds me up to this day and can’t stand them...

Realistically, Donny are our main rivals these days which is fine by me, although I believe it means more to them than it does to us. They sing songs about us when they're not playing us. Not once in my 30+ Millers supporting years have I heard our fans singing about Donny when we're playing someone else.

I also can't stand Chesterfield and hope they're enjoying the pub league.

Still, beating either of these pales into insignificance compared to beating Wednesday or United IMO. They're not our main rivals but they are the big games.

Doncaster and Chezzie are our main rivals we have played them more than both Sheff clubs . I will always hate Wednesday just the arrogance of that lot. Doncaster are annoying and pipe up when we play them . Chezzie are no marks now and it will be a few years before they become significant again. Even radio Sheffield have ****ed them off to only half time reports now i believe . On the blades i have noticed a significant number crawling out of the woodwork around Swinton/Mexborough area lately due to recent success .You where hard pressed to see any when they took about 67 years to get out of lg 1 . The tykes are just another club to me don't care what they do ,unless there playing Wednesday . I actually hate Man united more that i hate Doncaster .

I don’t like Chesterfield either but was happy when Donny got back in the league.

However their sojourns into the Championship has given them ideas that they are somehow better than us after trailing us for years. I still think the dislike is more on their side.

There are two local teams who I particularly like. Sheffield United and arguably our biggest rivals, Barnsley.
    Still remember Tony Currie and the likes of Alan Woodward at downtown Bramall Lane as it was affectionately known as in the late 60’s & early 70’s.

Barnsley close rivalry goes back to the 70s and we had some cracking games, not forgetting our rivalry for the title in 80/81. More recently we’ve been a little like ships passing in the night in terms of divisions. Also they were the first ever visitors to NYS and they were a good lot, never giving it large even though they were 2 divisions above us at the time.

Always like to see them both (SUFC and BFC) do well.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast