+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Match Thread v DERBY

I thought Zohore well today.

More involved than in any other match, and his pre match interview on wm said that he isn't used to this style of play having played hoofball under warnock.

Think he can get about 10-15 this season when everyone is firing and creating more clear cut chances.

We needed to get another forward and now we need to hope Austin starts firing and we can turn draws to wins.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    I thought Zohore well today.

More involved than in any other match, and his pre match interview on wm said that he isn't used to this style of play having played hoofball under warnock.

Think he can get about 10-15 this season when everyone is firing and creating more clear cut chances.

We needed to get another forward and now we need to hope Austin starts firing and we can turn draws to wins.

Morning Blood. Perhaps it’s just me - For me Zohore does not find space or run the channels and even two of our players yesterday were urging him to chase the ball. This is my point more than missing another glorious chance like he did against Millwall that Gayle would have buried. Kanu is not good enough but at least he gives effort - wants the ball - holds it up.

On what I have seen - I just don’t rate the guy!

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    So Zohore is your new fall guy this season, Brunt in Central midfield really if we are going to continue with this system we need to play at a higher tempo to brake teams down but we have pretty much a new team we are trying to gel together so I for one are going to give everyone more than 5 games before making judgements.

That’s the point! Lots of sideways passing but very little openings or cutting open the defence with a killer touch. Brunt or Barry could provide this as they have the vision but need pace around them. Never liked Livermore!

Zohore does not look for the ball - seem to want the ball or work the channels. Even a couple of our players yesterday were urging him to get involved. This is the issue more than the almost open goals he missed against Millwall and yesterday which Gayle would have buried. At least Kanu in his defence does hold up the ball and wants it albeit - he’s not good enough.

I repeat the words of Dowling - “ we can not afford Gayle as he’s on Premier League wages”. Point is - had we used the Rondon or Jay Rod money to buy him then you get a Premier League goal return!!!

Very happy now with a proper manager and much better midfield options but dear dear - are we lacking up front which is already costing us!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    That’s the point! Lots of sideways passing but very little openings or cutting open the defence with a killer touch. Brunt or Barry could provide this as they have the vision but need pace around them. Never liked Livermore!

Zohore does not look for the ball - seem to want the ball or work the channels. Even a couple of our players yesterday were urging him to get involved. This is the issue more than the almost open goals he missed against Millwall and yesterday which Gayle would have buried. At least Kanu in his defence does hold up the ball and wants it albeit - he’s not good enough.

I repeat the words of Dowling - “ we can not afford Gayle as he’s on Premier League wages”. Point is - had we used the Rondon or Jay Rod money to buy him then you get a Premier League goal return!!!

Very happy now with a proper manager and much better midfield options but dear dear - are we lacking up front which is already costing us!!!!
    Not sure why people keep talking about Gayle he was never our player and by the way I don't think he would currently fit into our system of one up front, Zahore has spent the last few seasons playing hoof ball at Cardiff and is trying to adapt to a new style of play his movement will get better, not liking a player shouldn't cloud people's judgement Livermore has had a good start to the season the same as Bartley, yes we could have had more points but I think we have had a decent start to the season and we have a platform to build from.

Quote Originally Posted by saltnshake View Post
    Not sure why people keep talking about Gayle he was never our player and by the way I don't think he would currently fit into our system of one up front, Zahore has spent the last few seasons playing hoof ball at Cardiff and is trying to adapt to a new style of play his movement will get better, not liking a player shouldn't cloud people's judgement Livermore has had a good start to the season the same as Bartley, yes we could have had more points but I think we have had a decent start to the season and we have a platform to build from.

Agree about the good platform but any player is a clubs player when on the pay role albeit on a loan. Agree with you about Bartley as overall he’s been decent.

We have a good manager as opposed to the two numpties so very positive. That said, Livermore still gives the ball away a lot and goes missing. Compare what Sawyers brings to the party compared with Livermore.

I don’t buy the hoof ball regarding Zohore. Any player should want the ball - look for space - work the channels. Zohore does not and for me yesterday he was pedestrian again and was urged on at least two occasions by Krov to get involved. Kanu who I don’t rate brings more to the party than Zohore based on five games. I hope I am wrong but just my opinion.

Penetration and the cutting edge!!! This is what we need so how are we going to achieve it? Edwards whilst promising looks inconsistent and another one with his head down. Periera looks decent so perhaps starting him! Phillips will be in the sick room soon so perhaps Grady and Periera starting!!

It’s the goals that count and will ultimately decide whether we will be challenging or not!
    Last edited by baggieal; 25-08-2019 at 08:07 AM.

For me yesterday when he kicked the ball forward to beat a defender and was so slow that I couldn't understand why he even tried, it was embarrassing. Its been said a few times now he doesn't anticipate a pass, doesn't even move for one. Looks like he takes a decent penalty but that's all I've seen so far.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)