+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: v Luton Town Post Match Thoughts

v Luton Town Post Match Thoughts

-------

Embarrassing , this is a team who despite pipping us for the league were footballed to death at Oakwell last season and we had four points off them .

Clearly the difference today was in the recruitment , players identified by Mick Harford who will give them a shot at staying in the league .

It was like an under 8's team out there trying to mix it with an open age one , Luton could have had as many as they wanted , lucky for us they stepped off the gas in the second half and were happy to see it out with what they had .

Butterfield ain't a high end championship footballer but he's good enough for what Luton need this season .

Experience all over the park , Lua Lua tore us to shreds and Collins pulled us all over the place , Butterfield controlled the tempo .

Were Luton great ? , no they weren't but they were 10 times better than us .

Stendel is following the Hecky route , clear as day , a load of kids to compete in the championship and he ain't a scooby what to do next , not his fault either , aint a coach anywhere who would manage this process to any great effect .

This policy would make an idiot of Pep and Klopp in the championship .

Pinnock , Lindsay , Moore and Davies move on , so fecking what if you recruit with some nous with the money you've acquired .

I ain't going to hang the kid Sibbick out to dry , the lad shouldn't be out there , simple as that , Lua Lua had him on toast , it was embarrassing , felt for the kid in all honesty .

If Stendel walks away on monday I wouldn't blame him .

No comment ...

Absolutely spot on.... worse than embarrassing today.

Funnily enough I don’t blame the players or the management team. The players are nowhere near ready for championship football but if they are all we have we’ve got no choice but to play them and as for DS I feel sorry for him he’s not a miracle worker and he’s on a hiding to nothing.
    The blame is firmly on the board for their pig headed policy. They may be brilliant business men but they’re apprentices in big time football but they appear too stubborn to take advice from footballing people and it’s going to bite them on the bum.

Kids ev to grow up fast. It was always going to be the case

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    Funnily enough I don’t blame the players or the management team. The players are nowhere near ready for championship football but if they are all we have we’ve got no choice but to play them and as for DS I feel sorry for him he’s not a miracle worker and he’s on a hiding to nothing.
    The blame is firmly on the board for their pig headed policy. They may be brilliant business men but they’re apprentices in big time football but they appear too stubborn to take advice from footballing people and it’s going to bite them on the bum.
    Correct doggy , the players and the coaching team aren't part of this debacle this is simply a question of policy .

No lack of effort out there and nobody shirking anything , they still tried to compete and play the difficult passes .

Not having these idiots slipping off the hook and blaming the young lads and Stendel .

This is purely down to their moronic recruitment policy that is not fit for purpose at championship level .

I'm solidly behind these lads and Stendel .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Kids ev to grow up fast. It was always going to be the case
    Pass mate , this is the championship , ain't a club at this level going about it as we are and we've already failed once trying it .

It was embarrassing mi owd .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Pass mate , this is the championship , ain't a club at this level going about it as we are and we've already failed once trying it .

It was embarrassing mi owd .
    Point am mekkin mate is that the suits upstairs are firmly sticking to this policy. Not budging. Opportunity for adding experience has been and gone even though it was never ever going to happen anyway was it. We're stuck with this as we were under Hecky 2 years ago. To be fair I've only seen the Birmingham game and that was a hard watch. However, the Fulham game saw most fans waxing lyrical just to add balance. As always with youngsters it's about finding consistency. Quicker they learn the better.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Point am mekkin mate is that the suits upstairs are firmly sticking to this policy. Not budging. Opportunity for adding experience has been and gone even though it was never ever going to happen anyway was it. We're stuck with this as we were under Hecky 2 years ago. To be fair I've only seen the Birmingham game and that was a hard watch. However, the Fulham game saw most fans waxing lyrical just to add balance. As always with youngsters it's about finding consistency. Quicker they learn the better.
    As fans we can only comment on what we see and then go in to the back catalogue for some kind of yardstick .

To a man against Fulham we were absolutely off the scale , as good as I've seen us at this level given the quality of the opposition .

Today was the polar opposite , something in between would have us competitive I feel .

We've all said on here to a man that we needed a couple in with the reight minerals at this level , a leader was paramount in my opinion .

Bahre aint a leader , he's enough on his plate trying to cut it at championship level , he was absolutely dreadful today , niver shirked niver hid but jeez he was poor , he's no kid either at 24 years of age .

There's genuine talent within the group but if the confidence levels drop to zilch then we are done for , this feckin league will eat you alive .

The most annoying thing is that we've been here before , can't get my feckin head round it , I really can't .

Tha should have heard Conway spouting b@llax on stage in the fan zone , long term vision blah blah , no long term vision here because we sell every fecker who attracts a bid and replace them with significantly inferior players from the outset .

Andersen and Diaby are better than Pinnock and Lindsay , are they feck , they may well be in the longer term but what about the here and now .

It's feckin mental this philosophy , send a young Sparky out on a rewire with 6 months experience and see how he goes on , it would take him a fornit to do a 4 day job .

That's where we are mate , step up is fine because he will get there in the end but trouble is he's pyssed his customer off and they are a week out of where they expected .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast