+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Match Thread vs Ebbsfleet United 24.08.19

Useless.

1. Wes Thomas is an absolute waste of a signing and adds nothing (just like Tyson).
    2. Ardley has now won just one game out of 6 this season.
    3. We were lucky not to be beaten again today as we showed no desire to go and win the game at 2-2.
    4. Once again we fail to beat a team with a significantly lower budget than ours.

Ardley's record is truly appalling. He has to go.

Wow, Palace re-take the lead at Old Trafford in injury time.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Crap performance, we cant butter up this garbage.
    Hate to say it, but 1 win in 6 is not good enough, particularly because we've taken the lead in 5 of those. Seems like that mental fragility is still hanging over us.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Seems like that mental fragility is still hanging over us.
    It's Ardley that is still hanging over us.

If we can't beat Chorley you'd have to say we're destined for a relegation scrap.

Well if anyone was going to gift Ebbsfleet their first point, it was going to be Notts.

Brace yourself for a season of 'I don't know how we haven't won that' post-match interviews with Ardley, as we settle nicely into a bottom third position. As someone else has said, you'd think a half-decent manager would have us winning games like this comfortably.

There's a loser mentality still among the squad. Too much talk about respecting the league and respecting the point. **** that. We should be going into every game to win, home and away. That means not sitting back on a one-nil lead, and taking it to the opposition relentlessly.

I'm sick and tired of us shooting ourselves in the foot. We've been doing it for ages now. Play well and you can guarantee we'll somehow grab a draw from the jaws of victory. Play badly and you know the opposition will wipe the floor with us.

This league is there for the taking, but we just don't have the mentality to take it. This weekend was always a huge opportunity. Six points and it's on. I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with two.

I'll take the draw. I think over the season Ebbsfleet will prove themselves to be better than the table currently suggests. I said on here last night that I'd take 4 points from the Ebbsfleet and Chorley games, so now the onus is on us to win on Monday.

We're pretty much what I expected us to be at this point. As individuals many of the new signings have looked decent players, but we're still a way off being a coherent, fluent team and fitness will continue to be an issue for now, none of which should surprise anyone given the summer we've had.

The aim needs to be to keep the unbeaten run going and then look to turn some of these draws into victories further down the line as team cohesion and fitness improves.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I'll take the draw. I think over the season Ebbsfleet will prove themselves to be better than the table currently suggests. I said on here last night that I'd take 4 points from the Ebbsfleet and Chorley games, so now the onus is on us to win on Monday.

We're pretty much what I expected us to be at this point. As individuals many of the new signings have looked decent players, but we're still a way off being a coherent, fluent team and fitness will continue to be a concern, none of which should surprise anyone given the summer we've had.

The aim needs to be to keep the unbeaten run going and then look to turn some of these draws into victories further down the line as team cohesion and fitness improves.
    Why be happy with a draw against a club that has lost of all their previous games? That's their first point of the season. Why didn't we just beat them like every other team that has played them has.

Because......We are Notts County, we dont move on.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    Why be happy with a draw against a club that has lost of all their previous games? That's their first point of the season. Why didn't we just beat them like every other team that has played them has.
    Because Ebbsfleet's other opponents will have put their teams together much earlier than us and most of their players would have had a better pre-season in more settled circumstances. Plus we've got to get used to teams like Ebbsfleet in this league treating us like a cup game.

We just need to take the emotion out of it, calm down, understand where we've come from in the space of three or four weeks and keep taking baby steps. In a few months' time, yes, we need to be winning games like this, but for now we just need to keep picking up whatever points we can until we've properly settled.

It's not a case of being "happy" with a draw, but taking it as the foundations on which to build.

If Harrogate had scored that penalty at 0-0 we'd still be looking for our first win. The excuses excuse us for not taking the league by storm, but there's no excuse for being this bad. It's the mentality that's wrong and that comes from Ardley.

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast