+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Stats v Ebbsfleet

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Personally I think he's had enough time now to sort out last seasons problems and.
    Enough matches and training sessions have now taken place for him to have a system to suit the players and had planty of time to sort out tactics from corners and free kicks , both attacking and defending.
    if we don't beat Chorley then he's got to go....can someone remind me when WE last won a game at home...!?
    what really gets my Goat is after the Game he keeps saying where things went wrong.
    And getting out played by a team that is bottom and hasn't won a game all season.
    His tactics of we hold what we have did not work last season and are failing us now !!!
    Well why doesn't change things when they are actually playing, he must see it during the game if hes commenting on it after the game
    Try a substitution, a tactical switch of players, change of tactics or by a good old fashion ear bashing from the side lines or all of them if nothing is working !!!
    Didn't we win a home game 4 games ago?

It's a work in progress - what happened to most saying we need to be patient and give Ardley time?

I'm frustrated, but honestly believe that a 3 or 4 game winning run isn't far away. Let's hope it starts tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

It's a work in progress - what happened to most saying we need to be patient and give Ardley time?

I'm frustrated, but honestly believe that a 3 or 4 game winning run isn't far away. Let's hope it starts tomorrow
    A win tomorrow will mean 8 points from 4 games. A ratio of 2 points a game.

Im of similar opinion. I guess if we look at the stat that we have taken the lead in four out of the past five games as a positive then it shows we just need to learn how to finish the job off by keep tight at the back and taking our chances up top. As you say if we do that then we may go on a winning run. Plus we have scored in all but the first game of the season.

Look at it from a negative point of view then it shows we are fragile and vulnerable when teams have a go at us once we take the lead, certainly in the last 20 minutes. So we go into ourselves and stop playing and attacking and try and hold on to what we have.

Let’s look at the times when the goals were scored which stopped us taking all three points after we had earlier took the lead;

(A) Eastleigh - N/A (Lost)
    (H) Stockport - 71 (2 points dropped)
    (H) Barnet - 28, 75 (3 points dropped)
    (A) Harrogate - N/A (Won)
    (H) Wrexham - 74 (2 points dropped)
    (A) Ebbsfleet - 45+2, 61 (2 points dropped)

In the three home games so far all goals that have cost us a win have come after the 70 minute mark. So perhaps fitness and mental concentration is something that needs to be worked on for the last twenty minutes. It is a positive that we are taking the lead in games and are not having to try and fight and come back from being behind.

The problem is when we do go behind like against Eastleigh and against Barnet we’ve not come back to get a point or win. Likewise when teams have equalised at home like Stockport and Wrexham we have not fought back. That’s where we need to see some more fitness, fight and a never say die attitude.

We need to see some more games to see what kind of team we really are. I’m hoping at home we will get stronger, more confident and ruthless such that the draws turn to wins and the losses turn to draws. If we keep surrendering the lead and dropping points at home then questions will need to be asked.

Our away form on paper is not bad. We have 4 points from 3 games and usually the marker is a point a game away from home. It’s at home where we need to start producing as 2 points from 3 games is not good enough. Let’s hope we can get our first home win of the season tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... so, Mr Smart Alec, please tell me why an experience professional footballer fails to pass the ball 8 yards to a team mate. That's not the managers fault, is it?
    Well who knows. The last managers they had might have kicked their arse so profusely that they passed it correctly!

I can't see Ardley kicking anyones arse properly though, just as I see no evidence in him motivating people. He seems to go through the motions to me. Oh I told them to do it this way but they didnt do it that way on repeat after almost every game. Well if you are consistently telling them Neal, and they are consistently not doing it, either they can't do it or they arent listening to you and taking heed of what you say....

Unless we are in dire relegation trouble this year I'd keep him here as I cannot see any point in a fast replacement and the budget is spent. Nobody expects promotion this season, surely but we need to be clear of the bottom teams and we could get sucked in very quickly.

He probably has a month and if this continues its curtains. I do hope he turns it around but I am moving to the school of thought that we need to be considering our options fairly swiftly if it is still not great then.

And the one before that..?
    The trouble is they are few and far in between.
    We were work in progress then as well...
    If we can't beat cborley at home then there is something drastically wrong...
    I hope we win and we should win...but with Ardleys approach I fear it will be another draw.!
    However it will be one more in the unbeaten run...impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... what is it with some of you. We are lucky to have any points on the board this month, given our starting scenario. If the players don't pass the ball to each other that is not the managers fault.
    I bet they will be first on the team sheet again..!

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    No, it means 9 points from 7 games, a ratio of less than 1.3 points a game.

A loss gives us an average of .85 ppg.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    True - and that's playoff form. But lose or draw and the knives will seriously be out, and rightly so.

Tonight's game could be a pivotal moment in our season. We need to win. Nothing else will do. If we don't, it seems pretty clear to me that we'll continue in the same vein as last season, winning the odd game somewhat randomly and then losing or drawing the next few. Lower-mid-table form. But if we win, we're suddenly on a fairly decent run.

The trouble is, Ardley's team has never been one to take the chances handed to it. Think back to last season and all the chances we had to pull away from the relegation zone. I honestly hope we suddenly turn into a team of ruthless winners, but judging on past experience and form, I have no reason to expect that.
    Last edited by slack_pie; 26-08-2019 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    . We need to win. Nothing else will do.
    I agree with you 100% on this, I'm not one who would normally say you have a must win game this early in the season but if you look at our run of fixtures coming up we have to win today! If we don't the next few weeks of hard fixtures could easily see us in a worrying position.

I don't expect promotion this season, however I also don't expect us to be fighting to stay up again, without a win today I fear that is what we will be seeing.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    No, it means 9 points from 7 games, a ratio of less than 1.3 points a game.

A loss gives us an average of .85 ppg.
    Depends how you look at it though.

Glass half full = 8 points from 4 games.

I will go with that - plenty on here were saying we are certs for relegation. We aren't, and as I said, I think we aren't far from putting a good run together.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast