+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Stats v Ebbsfleet

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    No, it means 9 points from 7 games, a ratio of less than 1.3 points a game.

A loss gives us an average of .85 ppg.
    This season we are averaging 1 point a game which is basically Neal Ardley’s overall record since he came to the club.

At best after the January transfer window until the end of the season it was 1.2 points per game.

If we were looking at being mid table for example then we will need to be averaging 1.3 points per game. I think this is where we need to be aiming for short term as in by the end of September. It might be quite a low expectation for some fans, but it keeps us away from the relegation places and having to look over our shoulder so to speak. It will then give us a platform to build on in the run up to Christmas.

They key to this season will be achieving ongoing improvement, particularly in areas such as the defence, being mentally strong when in the lead, and taking our chances when they come.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    Depends how you look at it though.

Glass half full = 8 points from 4 games.

I will go with that - plenty on here were saying we are certs for relegation. We aren't, and as I said, I think we aren't far from putting a good run together.
    I don't think anyone thinks we are relegation certs anymore. A few days before the takeover we all thought we were doomed, but looking at the squad we have now, we should really be aiming for midtable at the very least, with an outside chance of the playoffs. I will not be satisfied with a lower-midtable finish, simply because we have a decent squad for this level.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I don't think anyone thinks we are relegation certs anymore. A few days before the takeover we all thought we were doomed, but looking at the squad we have now, we should really be aiming for midtable at the very least, with an outside chance of the playoffs. I will not be satisfied with a lower-midtable finish, simply because we have a decent squad for this level.
    Looking at the squad we have I think we should have a good chance of the play-offs. Whether they can do it though is another thing.

I will be very disappointed with a finish in the bottom half.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234