+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We were the better side for the first 45

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Ben Williams will come good. Within ten minutes of him being in the field he was already the MOM for me.
    Goalkeeper ...No... Get other fella in sharp. ( if he’s no better then we’ve been selt two duds).
    Sibbick.... ship art. Sharp. Wouldnt play again for me. (Just where is this guy playing???).
    Anderson, and Diaby... 6 months and they’ll be ok.
    Pinnilos.... Time to get shut. Injury prone.
    Mcgeehan.... ( what’s on his mind?) gone from a sharp, great passer of the ball to a hoof it, get rid, too short pass merchant.
    Wilks..... can see a ban coming soon.
    Thomas. Today he could have not been on field.....
    THIAM.... IF HE WAS OUR STRIKER TODAY...... AFTER WOODROW, then we’re doomed now!
    Mowatt. Playing and not fit. ( excused....Note from Mum!).
    BEHRE.... shocking...... He hasn’t played A QUARTER OF a captains performance in any game so far this SEASON.
    Halme. Thought he did ok.......
    Stendel. Why at two nil down at home, after 31 minutes...... did we not make a change..? He stood there waving his arms upfield and thought that would do. At 2-0 down we needed changes. It was clear to us all by then that we had no attacking force, and that were running us ragged. Even I had been torn a new ar$e by them and I was only watching.

I’m sorry for Daniel, yet when we lose a goal, after 1 minute, and another shortly after, I expect some reaction, a change or a tactical change. NOTHING. At 2-0 down we should have had Changes.

The Board.
    Today, your “ Considerable upgrade” comments look akin to a Jim Dale (Bury Owners ) Interview.

I’m not mad tonight, I’m sat here thinking that I have to trust the recruitment team. Not Hoss, or Miss Grace, or the elusive Mr Lee.....
    They have done exceedingly well over the past years and we have had poor starts before and come good. I hope I’m right.

A fella at the side of me said today “Well at least no buggers going to come and buy this lot come January” I think he may be right. Let’s hope we can keep in touch with the fourth from bottom club between now and then......

What a Sh!t week.
    You say make changes in the first half Jules and I agree with the sentiment but lets dig down in to the weeds and look at the bench today .

Chaplin , possibly could have come on for Thomas .

Green , not exactly set the world on fire in league one never mind this level .

Halme , shocking against Carlisle and at 3-0 down do you really bring a centre back on in that situation .

Odour , 19 years old , with no league games behind him at all .

Schmidt , possibly should have come on but then again he's just arrived is it right you bring a new recruit on and expect him to turn it around .

B Williams , another kid finding his feet although he did ok when he came on at half time and got us up the pitch , linked well with Thiam .

That bench is a 3 - 0 up bench at best , bring em on in a winning situation to see it out and give them a run .

Absolutely no way was that bench good enough or even experienced enough to turn a game around .

You can't change formations and philosophies twenty minutes in to a championship match with a bunch of kids , they just don't have that kind of experience or know how .

Williams and Thiam did link up well , only times we looked dangerous in the match , Green should have scored , he laid it back for Thiam instead ( freetund to shoot himself) Thiam deserved a goal put the pass wasn't the best from Green , Sibbick also improved slightly , he went more Cental before Halme came on and did well before reverting back to Right Back , Everyone can see he's no right back
    Last edited by Romared; 25-08-2019 at 08:51 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12