+ Visit Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Good food

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    You’re all a load of heathens.

Is that how you spell heathen, it doesn’t look right?
    Heather, it's spelt H-E-A-T-H-E-R. And The Rules?

Anything to oblige.

Name:  heather reid.jpg
Views: 384
Size:  33.0 KB

Ah but is the temperature sivin or ilivin?

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    I used to go to that butchers a lot, the pork schnitzel is magic. Then I discovered the deli and the rest is history, their rump steak in a bun with onions and mustard is the thing I miss most from living up that way.
    Aye the Hattoncrook deli is the nuts. Handy after a fitba jaunt and i canna be f@cked cooking

Steak and Mustard pies
    Steak and Stilton Pies

Both bitchin

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Aye the Hattoncrook deli is the nuts. Handy after a fitba jaunt and i canna be f@cked cooking

Steak and Mustard pies
    Steak and Stilton Pies

Both bitchin
    First time I ever went in there they had a AA burger with a creamy mushroom sauce, never had a tastier burger.

They also tried a pie burger. I'll try and explain what that is, it might get a bit complicated so try and keep up. It's a burger bap cut in half with a pie inserted in the middle.

I think they sold about 3.

Wifey that runs it is a dandie and I was told that the mannie cook is Darren Mackies old man but I've never confirmed, he always speaks about the dons though.

Have they started the restaurant bitty next door yet?

First time I ever went in there they had a AA burger with a creamy mushroom sauce, never had a tastier burger.

They also tried a pie burger. I'll try and explain what that is, it might get a bit complicated so try and keep up. It's a burger bap cut in half with a pie inserted in the middle.

I think they sold about 3.

Wifey that runs it is a dandie and I was told that the mannie cook is Darren Mackies old man but I've never confirmed, he always speaks about the dons though.

Have they started the restaurant bitty next door yet?
    Nah nae yet. Never knew they were doing that

Im away doon to Bathgate on Saturday so will pop in past on Friday and get Saturdays tea. As ill nae be cooking

Their one portion Lasagnes etc are good too. Very handy also

Is that nae just a pie bap? Jutes love them. They're also big on mince in a bap. Nothing new that like. Mince sarnies were popular up here in my youth as well.

Affa fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Devanha Red View Post
    Is that nae just a pie bap? Jutes love them. They're also big on mince in a bap. Nothing new that like.
    Affa fine.
    Wherever lorry drivers do gather, the pie-in-a-piece (some say softie), preferably washed down with a can of McEwan's Export, is the go-to repast.

"Hattoncrook" . Another one of those made-up place names that have proliferated once some new Cala or Malcolm Allan hooses have been built for the upwardly-mobile who canna afford to bide in toon. It was aye Bogfechel when I was a loon, in the same way as 'Pitmachie' was Old Rayne.

Quote Originally Posted by 57vintage View Post
    Wherever lorry drivers do gather, the pie-in-a-piece (some say softie), preferably washed down with a can of McEwan's Export, is the go-to repast.
    Lorry drivers must have an an awful diet unless they are some of the guys that carry a little stove about them and do a bit of home cooking under the cab. We were working up the Broch/ Peterhead way and we stopped in by a little post office type place in the middle of a long lay-by one morning and the guy had mock chops, white pudding etc heated and ready to go at 10am. Turns out a lot of the ASCO drivers stop in by. I like a morning piece but a king rib at 10am is just wrong.

"Hattoncrook" . Another one of those made-up place names that have proliferated once some new Cala or Malcolm Allan hooses have been built for the upwardly-mobile who canna afford to bide in toon. It was aye Bogfechel when I was a loon, in the same way as 'Pitmachie' was Old Rayne.
    I worked in the maintenance squad at Arthur Simmers piggeries at bogfechel briefly. Worst job I ever had. Practically everyone who worked there headed to the Horseshoe Inn at lunch and after work. That was the building that the deli have just knocked down. Many a pub fight was had there, the staff would switch the lights off until it stopped. Pool cues and a'thing getting thrown about. The deli itself was actually a chipper back then.

Lorry drivers must have an an awful diet unless they are some of the guys that carry a little stove about them and do a bit of home cooking under the cab. We were working up the Broch/ Peterhead way and we stopped in by a little post office type place in the middle of a long lay-by one morning and the guy had mock chops, white pudding etc heated and ready to go at 10am. Turns out a lot of the ASCO drivers stop in by. I like a morning piece but a king rib at 10am is just wrong.

The Longhaven shoppy? The most ultimate collection of top shelf magazines I have ever seen. A truly phenomenal number

No takers for a cold mince sarnie. Preferably second days mince.

Fit a rare piece.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast