+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Can I offer some praise and thanks...

Can I offer some praise and thanks...

...firstly to Romared and his mate for picking me up from the station three times and taking me back. Also for letting me be a 'carer' in the disabled stand when I could walk less than Roma's mate to start with which has let me have three comfortable matches with free biscuits.

...secondly praise for the supporters, carers and volunteers in the disabled stand none of whom left when we went three goals down. Plus there was a lot less grumbling in there than outside and no booing. The volunteers in there have been so kind and helpful...one offered to take the three chairs I was carrying and when I said I was ok thanks just glad to be able to do something now I'm nearly recovered he said 'tha'll not be better if tha drops that lot on thi foot!'

....thirdly for Barnsley FC for not minding me going in there. It really has made me see another side to our club. Yes we played some rubbish football today but it's not the end of the world is it?

Izza good 'un Roma.

Am pleased thaz been tret well.

Just fo balance av met quite a few struggling to gerrup the East Stand Stairwell resting and panting, struggling at each level, who ev pleaded to use the Corporate Legends Suite lift to upper levels but been refused.
    As a community gesture an external lift to the East Stand Upper Tier would make an enormous difference to many and not be a big hole in Dog's £8 billion.

That's a good point. The lifts in Barnsley station have been much appreciated...after last week's accidental platform swap at Meadowhall the steps there were quite an obstacle.

I suspect many people, like me imagined the disabled was all the way up but no. It is just the bit on the ground floor which is easy to access but does not have the best view of the ponty end goal.

Thanks Linz , your welcome,
    i've never been in that stand , and i can't say i ever want to , my mates conditions have deteriorated last few seasons , so it's best for him in there now , good facilities and help for the unfortunate ones , a credit to all the helpers , volunteers and BFC