+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Wigan A uninjured

Wigan A uninjured

My possible starting X1 Collins
    Pinloss halme Anderson sibbick or Cavs
    Thomas Mcgeehan mowatt
    Wilks Schmidt Chaplin
    Subs anyone who's fit

Why wor Anderson dragged off at heyf time ? Worrit just cos he wo evvin a shocker against Luton's attack or worri injured ?

Interesting to see if Cavare is in the squad. The wo obviously hiding summat from fans at that meeting this week abart wot's gooin on.

Wot's Styles done wrong ?

Whoevva wi pick across back four that defence still worries me. Still, Hoss ez said they are an upgrade on last year so good times are ahead. In Hoss we Trust.

Anderson wouldn't be my first choice but who else is there

I'd change the system but not the high press philosophy .

I'm not generally a great fan of 3 at the back but given we are totally shyte with a flat back four then I can see by going to three we can perhaps affect the rest of the team in a more positive manner .

I've given this some thought all week and I'd be prepared to try it out at Wigan then with the international break upon us it seems a good opportunity to knuckle down on the training ground for a fortnight and work hard on it .

-------------------- Collins ------------

------ Andersen ----- Sibbick ----- Halme ----

Green -------------------------------------- B Williams

----------------------- McGeehan -------------------------

--------------- Mowatt --------------------- Wilks -------

------------------ Chaplin -------------------- Schmidt ---

The three central defenders should find playing out from the back slightly easier in principle , there's an extra angle to use with McGeehan also available deep plus the two wing backs Green and Williams .

McGeehan sits as the midfield anchor man , playing it nice and simple with the full backs pushing on .

If McGeehan gets up the field it's imperative that Mowatt covers his @ss and sits protecting the three .

Green is quick enough to get up and down that line when necessary , Williams has the energy too and offensively he's pretty good .

Beyond McGeehan the offensive four work their b@llax off pressing the opponents , I want to see Wilks , Chaplin and Schmidt running in betwen the Wigan defensive line , interchanging with a licence to move all over the forward positions .

Once the energy levels start to drop then introduce Thomas and Thiam .

This system would also suit the injured three when they are up and running , Kenny Dougall , Jacob Brown and Cauley Woodrow .

If Cavare is finished at the club and Pinillos injured or not up to it then it makes sense go to a wing back system as a way forward with the resources we have at the club , Jacob Brown could play the right wing back position very well and Dougall the midfield anchor man .

Just my observations but I'd be amazed if it happened in all honesty .

Thaz put some thinking into that Animal. Thaz basically got the same problem as Stendel in trying to mek a silk purse arta a sow's ear.

Championship clubs ev sooin sussed art combating our high press. Devastatingly simple-- the keeper kicks it long bypassing our pressing lads. Birmingham and Luton were doing it all game.
    With three at the back tha relies on wing backs being quality players and effective. I'm not sure Green and Ben Williams have reached that level yet in the Championship. We haven't the technical quality and composure to play it out from the back--it often ends with a panic punt upfield when a defender is closed down.
    Despite Hoss saying he was an upgrade I'm not sure Sibbick could perform the Pinnock role. I think back to how he was easily outjumped for the first Birmingham goal to worry me evvin him as the key CB and his positional play is still an issue.

Enjoy thi holiday.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 30-08-2019 at 11:30 AM.

I'm past caring to be honest. (Not in a bad way). I haven't been to a match since the opening day. There's a season ticket going tenner a game if anyone's interested.

Bought my season ticket on the back of the promotion euphoria and my heart isn't into it like it used to be. Didn't attend the Charlton and Luton games through choice and used Laura being pregnant as an excuse.

That's the spirit Ponte , get bairns bedroom painted instead ! Thas not missed owt , Acido mint want thi ticket ? Last time he went Adam & Eve ed just startud coortin !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    That's the spirit Ponte , get bairns bedroom painted instead ! Thas not missed owt , Acido mint want thi ticket ? Last time he went Adam & Eve ed just startud coortin !!!
    Yeah. My next game will be november now

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Thaz put some thinking into that Animal. Thaz basically got the same problem as Stendel in trying to mek a silk purse arta a sow's ear.

Championship clubs ev sooin sussed art combating our high press. Devastatingly simple-- the keeper kicks it long bypassing our pressing lads. Birmingham and Luton were doing it all game.
    With three at the back tha relies on wing backs being quality players and effective. I'm not sure Green and Ben Williams have reached that level yet in the Championship. We haven't the technical quality and composure to play it out from the back--it often ends with a panic punt upfield when a defender is closed down.
    Despite Hoss saying he was an upgrade I'm not sure Sibbick could perform the Pinnock role. I think back to how he was easily outjumped for the first Birmingham goal to worry me evvin him as the key CB and his positional play is still an issue.

Enjoy thi holiday.
    Thanks SB .

Just thought about England at the World Cup last year and what Gareth did with some young and ordinary players at international level .

Yes it's a limited system but at least England were competitive which is all we need to be .

Tha can only play the cards tha dealt.