+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Good to hear

Good to hear

Chris Wilder's comment on the Blade's loss

"Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder said he will not "applaud, credit or reward" his players for effort alone after their home defeat by Leicester"

PW would gave said" I was proud of the lads for their effort"

Wrong or not?

I'm guessing that in preparation for the game he kept saying something to the defence like "Keep close to Vardy, if you give him any space he will run straight past you"... and what happened? We could have been a couple of goals down in first few minutes at Burton for similar reasons, but luckily the finishing wasn't as good by the opposition... Warney can't drop anybody, because we haven't got any replacement defenders who are fit to play
    Last edited by mikemiller; 24-08-2019 at 10:46 PM.

Warne is always proud of the lads as long as they've done their best, paternal.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Chris Wilder's comment on the Blade's loss

"Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder said he will not "applaud, credit or reward" his players for effort alone after their home defeat by Leicester"

PW would gave said" I was proud of the lads for their effort"

Wrong or not?
    Wilder was spot on. Can’t be doing with all this Mamby pamby protective s.hite when they’ve played bad.

Wilder’s no mug. He has the next best record for wins behind Guardiola, for the last two seasons. You don’t get those results being luvvie duvvie with your boys.

I think the difference is that PW knew that we couldn't really play any better in the cship so he gave the players credit for putting in the effort they did.

Wilder probably thinks the Blunts can play better hence why he won't commend that performance. I don't think they'll Be able to up their game much and they haven't played any of the big guns yet. Hopefully they'll end up in the bottom three very soon.

I’ve got loads of time for Wilder. The week after Henderson had a great game at NYS he made a mistake against Villa. Wilder just said. “He’s a big boy and if he’s big enough to take plaudits then he he can take the criticism that’s coming his way”
    I once heard him on football heaven saying “ if the fans aren’t happy then they can always stay at home.”
    Him, Sean Dyche and Eddie Howe are brilliant.
    But you just need to have been a good player like Lampard to walk straight into the big jobs.

It also helps if you’ve spent a lifetime playing for a club

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    It also helps if you’ve spent a lifetime playing for a club
    It’s probably more to do with someone willing to work there under a transfer ban.
    Club legend or not, he’ll be sacked when they’re not winning anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Scum-Triumphant View Post
    I’ve got loads of time for Wilder. The week after Henderson had a great game at NYS he made a mistake against Villa. Wilder just said. “He’s a big boy and if he’s big enough to take plaudits then he he can take the criticism that’s coming his way”
    I once heard him on football heaven saying “ if the fans aren’t happy then they can always stay at home.”
    Him, Sean Dyche and Eddie Howe are brilliant.
    But you just need to have been a good player like Lampard to walk straight into the big jobs.
    A lot of our posters would certainly like the straight talking approach of openly criticising the player's when they've not done well. The same approach to the fans "if they aren't happy they can stay at home" presumably in response to the fans openly criticising him or the players, would send the same posters into meltdown

That’s the trouble with Warney he lives with the bubble fans

I don’t expect him to slate players but he certainly shouldn’t say they gave them heir all when they clearly didn’t

Don’t take fans for fools

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast