+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad To Hear

I watched Football focus yesterday and on it were two female presenters. It's odd because we've ony ever heard male voices on the shows before.
    They were discussing the abuse players get online and how Twitter is now going to start and sort it out. It won't completely go at least not for a couple more generations.

Kick it out was presented and they were talking of how players get death threats and racial abuse online for missing a penalty. The usual female presenter has said before and repeated it again of the ebuse she has received online.

In answer to the question of Womens Netball and if they had a male commentator then the I heard part of the games and I can confirm that there was a Male doing the comms.

We really have to get over this and accept it because it isn't going to change. Not all women who talk butch are lesbians and I honestly don't know if lesbians make good commentators compared to straight women but should it make a difference?

The thing is though that it doesn't need to be said does it really? It's like racial abuse of any kind it just doesn't need to be said. If they are your opinions of people then please keep them to yourselves. I don't want to hear them or read them and I know of others that don't want to hear or read them.

There is no place for it on MillersMad.

Vicky bloody Sparks.Bloody awful.

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    Bad to hear.
    Young woman just got knocked down on Flanderwell lane.
    On a zebra crossing ffs.
    Lots of mates/family in Fladerwell and Bramley. Hope she's okay Crash.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    i watched football focus yesterday and on it were two female presenters. It's odd because we've ony ever heard male voices on the shows before.
    They were discussing the abuse players get online and how twitter is now going to start and sort it out. It won't completely go at least not for a couple more generations.

Kick it out was presented and they were talking of how players get death threats and racial abuse online for missing a penalty. The usual female presenter has said before and repeated it again of the ebuse she has received online.

In answer to the question of womens netball and if they had a male commentator then the i heard part of the games and i can confirm that there was a male doing the comms.

We really have to get over this and accept it because it isn't going to change. Not all women who talk butch are lesbians and i honestly don't know if lesbians make good commentators compared to straight women but should it make a difference?

The thing is though that it doesn't need to be said does it really? It's like racial abuse of any kind it just doesn't need to be said. If they are your opinions of people then please keep them to yourselves. I don't want to hear them or read them and i know of others that don't want to hear or read them.

There is no place for it on millersmad.

babby

I watched Football focus yesterday and on it were two female presenters. It's odd because we've ony ever heard male voices on the shows before.
    They were discussing the abuse players get online and how Twitter is now going to start and sort it out. It won't completely go at least not for a couple more generations.

In answer to the question of Womens Netball and if they had a male commentator then the I heard part of the games and I can confirm that there was a Male doing the comms.

We really have to get over this and accept it because it isn't going to change. Not all women who talk butch are lesbians and I honestly don't know if lesbians make good commentators compared to straight women but should it make a difference?

The thing is though that it doesn't need to be said does it really? It's like racial abuse of any kind it just doesn't need to be said. If they are your opinions of people then please keep them to yourselves. I don't want to hear them or read them and I know of others that don't want to hear or read them.

Agree with most of that Froggy but I still would prefer motd sticking to male commentators. Guess I'm just too set in my ways. I'm certainly not ***ist, racist. I work in a world where women have come a very long way in the last 10 years and hold percentage wise the largest portion of senior management roles, I'm clinging on to mine lol. Fact is they make excellent managers and get their positions on merit.

I'll take your word on the male commentators on women's netball pal, not a sport I'd have any interest in watching tbf lol.

Quote Originally Posted by rileyev.the.third View Post
    Agree with most of that Froggy but I still would prefer motd sticking to male commentators. Guess I'm just too set in my ways. I'm certainly not ***ist, racist. I work in a world where women have come a very long way in the last 10 years and hold percentage wise the largest portion of senior management roles, I'm clinging on to mine lol. Fact is they make excellent managers and get their positions on merit.

I'll take your word on the male commentators on women's netball pal, not a sport I'd have any interest in watching tbf lol.
    It was the guy that does the West Ham football games. Probably to balance it out.

I hate the the idea of people getting work just through political correction or for the sake of quotas because people should get into positions through merit.

I like the fact that you can call anyone a tw@t regardless of who they are and as we know it's the tone of your voice that determines the way what is said as to what it meant. The word before or just after makes that tw@t racist, ***ist or homophobic.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    babby
    Could you at least call me a big babby? I haven't been called that since my brother was born. Is it just a Yorkshire thing where the youngest sibling is called babby all of their lives?

I’d rather listen to her than Jonathan Pearce, Garth Crooks or Robbie Savage and I’d much rather look at most of them than Martin Keown I suppose I’m just set in my ways being straight and preferring the look of women to men but each to their own.

Indeed not Frog. Well said...

Well said, Frog.

This is the 21st century and some people are just going to have to accept that not only white, hetero***ual males have a voice.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast