+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bad To Hear

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Well said, Frog.

This is the 21st century and some people are just going to have to accept that not only white, hetero***ual males have a voice.
    I hesitate to disagree but I will. I listen to TMS, F1, athletics and golf and the female commentators are first class. With BBC football it's nothing to do with ***ism; it's the bloody awful screechy voices of the two main women presenters that in my opinion make it unlistenable.

I don't watch Match of the Day (can't stand football) and so can't comment upon the individual(s) in question, but how does that have a bearing upon people accepting that not only white hetero***ual males have a voice?

For me it's her shrieking shrill that grates me. No objection to having female commentators but come on, at least make them easy on the ear.

If you want to see how positive vetting results in somebody ending up out of their depth take a look at the head of the Met Police or the "Chair" of the EFL

But hey, boxes ticked

I don't watch Match of the Day (can't stand football) and so can't comment upon the individual(s) in question, but how does that have a bearing upon people accepting that not only white hetero***ual males have a voice?
    Are you just being argumentative or silly? The OP was about particular commentators. Frogmiller and you then made it a statement about wider prejudice and ***ism in particular. I merely pointed out that was wrong in this specific case. But look, if you just want to argue with everyone find someone else because I can't be bothered.

"can't stand football"
    How come you went to watch the Millers at Villa last season ?

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    "can't stand football"
    How come you went to watch the Millers at Villa last season ?
    KerrAvon went to watch the Millers at Villa and a midweek game at Shrewsbury. The why is pretty clear. I have trawled quite a few sites where people object to this particular commentator and not a single post questioned the ethnicity or ***ual persuasion of any commentator. Btw, I don't watch MOTD but hear this woman frequently on the radio. For some reason the BBC's other favoured female footie commentator, Robin Cowan, has a horrible voice too.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Waring View Post
    Are you just being argumentative or silly? The OP was about particular commentators. Frogmiller and you then made it a statement about wider prejudice and ***ism in particular. I merely pointed out that was wrong in this specific case. But look, if you just want to argue with everyone find someone else because I can't be bothered.
    You tell him Kerr
    Can't be bothered because he's too busy arguing with himself
    Last edited by Exiletyke; 28-08-2019 at 07:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiletyke View Post
    You tell him Kerr
    Can't be bothered because he's too busy arguing with himself
    Exiletyke, you've lost me with this comment. I was merely pointing out that KerrAvon is hardly likely to make much effort to watch a game so probably lives between Shrewsbury and Birmingham.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Waring View Post
    Exiletyke, you've lost me with this comment. I was merely pointing out that KerrAvon is hardly likely to make much effort to watch a game so probably lives between Shrewsbury and Birmingham.
    I'm sure you can work it out if you give it some thought

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast