+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glad I'm not a Man City fan.

Glad I'm not a Man City fan.

I do find them so bloody boring ok they win just about every week but not for me, Zzzzzzz.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    I do find them so bloody boring ok they win just about every week but not for me, Zzzzzzz.
    And expensive

Kevin De Bruyne is a joy to watch for me. Effortless.

Glad I'm not an Aussie fan....strewth!

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Most Man City fans I know gnash their teeth and pull out their hair because they weren't born Millers. I hope, Lolmorgan, for your sanity that your comment was meant as a joke?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Waring View Post
    Most Man City fans I know gnash their teeth and pull out their hair because they weren't born Millers. I hope, Lolmorgan, for your sanity that your comment was meant as a joke?
    Being a Miller is a rollercoaster ride. Being a Man City fan is a ride on a safe roundabout

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Being a Miller is a rollercoaster ride. Being a Man City fan is a ride on a safe roundabout
    That's simply not true. I worked for years in Manchester and all the market traders were lifelong City fans. They were the poor relations and apart from the Mercer/Allison spell they didn't have much to shout about. Not their fault if someone invests a load of money in the club. Those lads would still support City if it was in L2.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Waring View Post
    That's simply not true. I worked for years in Manchester and all the market traders were lifelong City fans. They were the poor relations and apart from the Mercer/Allison spell they didn't have much to shout about. Not their fault if someone invests a load of money in the club. Those lads would still support City if it was in L2.
    Yep, agree with you there, my comments were more aimed at the later bandwagon supporters.

Many of the old die hard City fans can't afford to go to the games now and "support" via Sky

They were just another club before a Saudi prince got hold of them, a biggish club that rarely won anything, like an Everton or Aston Villa. Even when they won the lottery, their journey from mediocre to domestic dominance wasn't a quick one.
    They are now a machine and as they demonstrated to us in January, a ruthless one. And boring in the same way Spain became boring with their tippy tappy 5000 passes to move 20 yards forward football.

We were fortunate enough to watch our mate play at the Etihad from the chairman’s box and be looked after by his assistant and when I asked him why they haven’t extended the left stand behind the goal to match the other end, he said it was ‘cos they can’t fill it, strangely enough.
    Last edited by sota; 25-08-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast