+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stats v Ebbsfleet

Stats v Ebbsfleet

Not pretty reading....were we all a little over-confident against the bottom of the league with a horrendous goal difference?.....I know I was.

Dangerous attacks - Ebbs 60, Notts 28
    Shots off target - Ebbs 12, Notts 2
    On target - Ebbs 4, Notts 2
    Corners - Ebbs 6, Notts 1

Notts having 4 shots in 94 minutes and only 1 corner is pretty awful IMO.

Say no more.

That is just mad, how on earth can Ardley keep his job when we have stats like that against a team that's lost all 6 games previously and completely run the game!!!!

Surely Chorley on Monday is make or break for him?

Before the Wrexham game people were rubbing their hands at the prospect of 9 points coming up. Deluded.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    That is just mad, how on earth can Ardley keep his job when we have stats like that against a team that's lost all 6 games previously and completely run the game!!!!

Surely Chorley on Monday is make or break for him?
    I'm pretty sure that the Danes will be looking at these, plus their own stats and asking what the hell is going on?....either we were completely out-fought and out-battled, or Ardley had the wrong 11 on the pitch using the wrong tactics.

Another way of looking at those stats is Ebbs had a shot at goal every 5 and a half minutes.....we had one every 23 and a half....it's crazy!

ps both our off-target shots came AFTER the 70th minute.....up until then we had 2 shots in 70 minutes....1 SHOT EVERY 35 MINUTES

... what is it with some of you. We are lucky to have any points on the board this month, given our starting scenario. If the players don't pass the ball to each other that is not the managers fault.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... what is it with some of you. We are lucky to have any points on the board this month, given our starting scenario.
    So you would have been quite satisfied if we had lost our opening six games just because of our starting scenario??? While I realise that we were in a dire situation, that is setting the bar incredibly low. We now have the positivity of new owners, and I think Ardley has one of the better squads in this division to work with. It seems that people like you are happy to accept failure because of what happened under Hardy.

The question is will the brothers take the plunge, they seem too nice to me.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Depends what they expect from this season and also, assuming they had their own man in mind when they first became interested and were not aware of Ardley's contract details, if their own man is still available.

If they seriously want a promotion challenge this season then he has to be on borrowed time.
    If they want mid-table with no relegation worries so that they can properly plan for next season, there has be a strong concern after today's result coupled with the 1 in 6 win stat.
    If they're expecting a struggle then he will be safe for now as long as he maintains a point per game ratio.

Hard to imagine we will lose on Monday, we probably will win which will buy him more time, but today is just another example of Ardley being unable to send a team out onto the pitch that can seize an opportunity to build some momentum.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyfists View Post
    Is that your own ham-fisted attempt at reverse psychology?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast