+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many times...........

How many times...........

do we lose points by NOT being able to see out games! I just bet my brother that we would not see this game out at Wolves with 3 points having scored early and bingo I depressingly won.
    Last edited by Deadlydave; 25-08-2019 at 05:39 PM.

Should have been 3-0 up at half time.Woods missed a sitter when he only had Patricio to beat.I knew then those misses would be costly.

Absolutely gutted.. Was it a penalty? Not seen it yet .

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlydave View Post
    do we lose points by NOT being able to see out games! I just bet my brother that we would not see this game out at Wolves with 3 points having scored early and bingo I depressingly won.
    Yes we have , Many times.....Little old Burnley, or not We are weak during the added 8 minutes...or whatever it is in any game ..
    Pathetic, Fatigue Not sure, But it does continue!!
    That is certainly 1 we have not learned from previous seasons,

Quote Originally Posted by bfcjon View Post
    Yes we have , Many times.....Little old Burnley, or not We are weak during the added 8 minutes...or whatever it is in any game ..
    Pathetic, Fatigue Not sure, But it does continue!!
    That is certainly 1 we have not learned from previous seasons,
    Serious question bfcjon. Is there anything that makes you happy?

looking at their performance - to come out of that game without an easy win - Is worrying..... .

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Serious question bfcjon. Is there anything that makes you happy?
    I was quite joyous watching the ashes Bt ! Until our usual late collapse at Wolves.

Thanks for asking anyway

Tactics ! Being of ye old school of football,I do not see a point of the saying ''everybody back in defence''! Like most of us that played our football,some where after the 50's ,the old center forward keep up field ,he never went back in defence to help out! So what is happening now our defence heads out a ball,or kicks it , but is immediately returned by the opposing team causing us to be under pressure !(That's what was happened in the last 5 mins.) If that central attacking player moved both to his left and right of the field (between both their back and center half players, he would/could draw 3 players , out of an attacking position keeping the opposing teams unable to leave their defensive positions ??)
    In numbers,3 or 4 of the opposing team,would be in defence (with the goalkeeper) 7 or 8 ready to attack! But we would have 10 in defence!! Try it ,it makes sense to me!!!
    ......I really should be the next manager!!

We play the best version of "Block Ball" I have ever seen. One silly mistake at the death cost us three points. That's life!

I'm not sure if it's by choice or we just aren't good enough to do anything about it, but we do seem content to play out the last five minutes in our own penalty area, with all the obvious risks that entails. I know it's probably easier said than done, but the ref can't give them a pen if the ball's in their half.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)