+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stats v Chorley

Quote Originally Posted by pingu_pie View Post
    Today we win by four, but it sounds like you reckon we weren't worth that (not questioning, I wasn't there).

It's an odd game, football, isn't it?
    It certainly is. Despite being beyond awful for 30 minutes, over the 90 minutes I think we deserved the points, although not quite as emphatically as the scoreline suggests. I was actually more encouraged by the Wrexham game than today, because in that game we dominated but were let down by poor finishing. Today we struggled a bit but won through superb finishing - when the goals are online they are well worth a look because three of them were top quality. Tyson and Thomas had easier chances against Wrexham and missed, today they both scored from more difficult chances. Still a night to celebrate, victories like this don't come around too often.

Thanks for the insites. I was very surprised listening in on Radio Nottingham we won 5-1 and I thought we would lose as it is exactly the sort of game we usually lose. I do think mainly there are 2 issues now - Confidence and gelling as s unit so to speak. Today will have done both the power of good. If we can get 2 draws from the next 2 games as said elsewhere I would snap off the hand right now and I am sure Ardley would. As long as we then don't go and lose at home again! We are nicely poisted in mid table. At the start of the season I would be surprised if any fan would not have taken our position right now so Ardley, for all his criticisms is probably achieving what is expected of him at this stage. Keep the run going we can cement our selves as contenders for the play offs and isnt it nice to be having conversations full of hope again rather than worrying about whether we exist. It could be worse, we could be Chesterfield look at them!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12