+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: First Film You Ever Saw At The Cinema

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    In truth that was my first film with my dad in 1965 BB.

What a coincidence.
    That is a coincidence, because I must have been 3 or 4, so 1975/76.

I didn't know they just showed popular films on and off (or was it continually?) like that in those days, but I suppose without video that was the only way they carried milking it.

Disney didn’t release their high grossing animation movies to video for quite a while after you could buy/rent videos if I remember correctly

They just released them periodically on the cinema around holidays

Off topic the first video I remember watching, I must have seen some before but don’t remember them was First Blood with my uncles I was definitely not 18 great movie tho
    Last edited by BaggieSingh; 28-08-2019 at 12:02 AM.

My mom took me to see my first movie at the Odeon on Birmingham New Street. We went to see a re run of Mary Poppins and we were sat in the upper tier. Mom encouraged me to throw popcorn and spoonfuls of ice cream from the balcony at people below. I think I may have been about four years old at the time. Happy days.

I think it would have been Wizard of Oz or Snow White whichever came out first. My favourite as a kid was Zulu. Went three times to the Regal Picture House in Handsworth to see it. Still like it to this day. They should do a remake. With all the technology they have in films today they could make it so realistic in the mould of Saving Private Ryan. When someone got a spear in them instead of a drop of tomato sauce appearing on the uniform, the soldiers guts would spill out. Splendid stuff.

Far too long ago to remember what my first film was! The earliest two that I remember were science fiction. The first, I cannot remember the name, had aliens with huge saucer sized eyes, and they could levitate themselves, the aliens, not just their eyes, to peer through bedroom windows..........! See, there must be pervs even in the alien population! The other film was a classic, Forbidden Planet, starring Robbie the Robot, anyone remember it?

Must have been a Gene Autry or Roy Rodgers job at the Saturday morning matinee at the Gaumont in course.
    Wolvo. Along with Dan Dare of course.

How about the last movie you watched at the Cinema. "Yesterday" me, about a week ago and very good it was too.
    Last edited by WOODLANDSWOLF; 28-08-2019 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kettering_baggie View Post
    Far too long ago to remember what my first film was! The earliest two that I remember were science fiction. The first, I cannot remember the name, had aliens with huge saucer sized eyes, and they could levitate themselves, the aliens, not just their eyes, to peer through bedroom windows..........! See, there must be pervs even in the alien population! The other film was a classic, Forbidden Planet, starring Robbie the Robot, anyone remember it?
    Classic, you're not kidding.

You have to admire a Robot that knows what he wants!!

Name:  MV5BOTdmODZkNmQtYjU4Mi00MTcyLTg5YmEtNmVjMWU1M2Y5NzgyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDYyMDk5MTU@._V1_SY1000_SX64.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  101.4 KB

Didn't see it first time round, it came out in 1956 can you believe, Leslie Nielsen was in it. Caught up with it about 20 yrs ago, great fun.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Must have been a Gene Autry or Roy Rodgers job at the Saturday morning matinee at the Gaumont in course.
    Wolvo. Along with Dan Dare of course.

How about the last movie you watched at the Cinema. "Yesterday" me, about a week ago and very good it was too.
    Ah those Saturday morning pictures Woody - who could forget them. We used to have Champion the Wonder Horse, Hopalong Cassidy, Lone Ranger etc

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    .......How about the last movie you watched at the Cinema. "Yesterday" me, about a week ago and very good it was too.
    Rocketman starring Taron Egerton as Elton John. Went to see it at the Electric Cinema in Birmingham with the wife a few weeks ago. Twas a good filum sir, highly recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Rocketman starring Taron Egerton as Elton John. Went to see it at the Electric Cinema in Birmingham with the wife a few weeks ago. Twas a good filum sir, highly recommended.
    I caught that one as well about a month ago. Thought it was OK, preferred "Yesterday" myself. Just personal taste of course. Mind you in both cases I thought the boys did a great job with the songs, most impressive.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)