+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: First Film You Ever Saw At The Cinema

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    Rocketman starring Taron Egerton as Elton John. Went to see it at the Electric Cinema in Birmingham with the wife a few weeks ago. Twas a good filum sir, highly recommended.
    Nice comfy sofas at the Electric, you should try the Everyman in the Mailbox, if you haven't already.

My last film was the new Taratino film Once Upon a Time In Hollywood. A bit slow still great.

I think Rocketman was the first "grownup" film I had seen at the picture house for over forty years! All of the others were kids movies when mine were growing up. Some great movies amongst them though.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    I caught that one as well about a month ago. Thought it was OK, preferred "Yesterday" myself. Just personal taste of course. Mind you in both cases I thought the boys did a great job with the songs, most impressive.
    I've seen the trailer for Yesterday, it looks good.

We'll give it a go one of the days.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Nice comfy sofas at the Electric, you should try the Everyman in the Mailbox, if you haven't already.

My last film was the new Taratino film Once Upon a Time In Hollywood. A bit slow still great.
    We don't go to the flicks that often but when we do it's generally to the Electric. Very comfy as you say and the drinks/waiter service is an added bonus. Although I've heard of the Everyman we haven't been there yet. I'll look it up online one of the days though. Cheers for the heads up Blood, much obliged .

We don't go to the flicks that often but when we do it's generally to the Electric. Very comfy as you say and the drinks/waiter service is an added bonus. Although I've heard of the Everyman we haven't been there yet. I'll look it up online one of the days though. Cheers for the heads up Blood, much obliged .
    The Everyman also has a waiter service and is very similar to the electric. The revamped odeon luxe on Broadway plaza is also comfy with electric reclining seats.

A great film saw recently staying on the musical theme of Rocketman and Yesterday was Blinded by the light.

A must see for Springs**** fans.

I went to see Mary Poppins at the Odeon in Brum,but the day was spoiled by someone showering me with popcorn and ice cream

Goodness me this is a good question lol.
    I think it must have been The man with the golden gun!. Or was it Live and let die, Im sure I saw both of these Roger Moore (Bond) films at the old Wakefield pictures, in the mid 70s!!.
    And then of course... I was lucky enough to watch the original Star Wars there as well, in about '77/78.

Jungle Book at Stourbridge Odeon. Must have been around 1969 when they rereleased the film. To answer an earlier point, Disney were as was pointed out very slow to release ‘classic’ films to DVD as they viewed their classics as the Crown Jewels and had a lucrative rerelease schedule for many years.

Quote Originally Posted by greyhound View Post
    I went to see Mary Poppins at the Odeon in Brum,but the day was spoiled by someone showering me with popcorn and ice cream

My experience of Mary Poppins was even more traumatic. I was, along with two friends, dragged out of the back row of a cinema on the Ramblas in Barcelona and beaten up by couple of members of Franco's guarda civil for signing along to the tunes. Happy days!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)