+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ratings and thoughts vs Chorley

Quote Originally Posted by Bartlett's Dust View Post
    This is probably the most over used cliche on Notts Mad, especially under Ardley who has yet to even put any sort of run together in just less than 40 games. We keep on waiting for the inevitable winning run but the evidence would suggest it isn't going to happen, would love to be proved wrong though.

One thing is for sure, he certainly has the players at his disposal to at least challenge for a play off spot, the time to help excuse no longer washes with 7 games played.
    I was going to post almost the exact same thing, how many turning points have we set in the last 12 months? we barely look capable of putting together two good halves of football never mind back to back wins or the type of long winning runs that gets you in playoff contention , i'm glad we won but lets not get over excited they were part timers and had just come off the back of a 6-1 deafeat by solihull and were beaten 4-1 by maidenhead,, i think the game against yeovil will be a big clue as to how far we have progressed, they have struggled to adapt to NL football,i think we'll draw and still be non the wiser as we head into what looks a tough game against solihull, if we were to take 6 points from those two games maybe....maybe we can say winning 5-1 against chorley was a turning point.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Appreciate the comments thats certainly what it sounded like on the wireless
    Ah, 'wireless', that's so cute, Queenie; do you use it to call the sheep in?

As everyone has said the difference between the 1st & 2nd 45 minutes was huge.

We were so negative in the first half, how many times did we go backwards when a forward pass was on?

I'm all for keeping possession, especially how often we lose control of the game, but it was so easy to defend against in the 1st half. 2nd half we attacked the space made them come out to us and allowed our greater skill to win the game.

O'Brien was the standout man throughout, the more we can give him a free role to influence the games where needed the better we will do & Turner looked good when bringing the ball out from the back, should only get better with more games under his belt.

Pretty much agree with most ratings here.

Turner and JOB were pretty much faultless throughout.
    Bakayogo was disappointing because he often found himself in good positions but was completely lacking when it came to control, decision making and end product.
    McCrory should never be made to play CH again. If we are short of options stick Bird in there. McCrory is a decent looking last back and he has already formed an interesting partnership down the left flank with Booty.
    Tyson was awful until his goal which to be fair was well taken. I actually thought JOB was just offside and was pleasantly surprised when the lino didn’t flag.
    A lot of the negativity first half was more down to Chorley restricting space and options for our front 2/3 and to be fair the only one actually trying to make space for the forward pass was Dennis. It was much easier second half once their heads dropped.
    The finishing was quite remarkable but I was watching the warm up and Dennis and Thomas were both burying everything in shooting practice so maybe it was just going to be their day. Dennis’ goal edged Thomas’s for me.

Thoughts - It was just like a cup tie which we've seen so many times.

Part-timers go to a bigger club, score early and run the home side ragged in the first half. Second half they come out, class and fitness shows and there's a big victory for the home club.

We've got to get used to this league but I went home buzzing - why do we have to be so negative when we've just put 5 past anyone?

Great goals, 4 match unbeaten run with 8 points, climbing the table, players obviously looking confident and enjoying themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    Pretty much agree with most ratings here.

Turner and JOB were pretty much faultless throughout.
    Bakayogo was disappointing because he often found himself in good positions but was completely lacking when it came to control, decision making and end product.
    McCrory should never be made to play CH again. If we are short of options stick Bird in there. McCrory is a decent looking last back and he has already formed an interesting partnership down the left flank with Booty.
    Tyson was awful until his goal which to be fair was well taken. I actually thought JOB was just offside and was pleasantly surprised when the lino didn’t flag.
    A lot of the negativity first half was more down to Chorley restricting space and options for our front 2/3 and to be fair the only one actually trying to make space for the forward pass was Dennis. It was much easier second half once their heads dropped.
    The finishing was quite remarkable but I was watching the warm up and Dennis and Thomas were both burying everything in shooting practice so maybe it was just going to be their day. Dennis’ goal edged Thomas’s for me.
    Regarding offside did either of the linesman actually flag for one during the game?

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post
    We've got to get used to this league but I went home buzzing - why do we have to be so negative when we've just put 5 past anyone?
    It's called balance.

Quote Originally Posted by metrocab View Post
    Regarding offside did either of the linesman actually flag for one during the game?
    Actually I don’t think they did!?!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12