+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The obscene side of football

The obscene side of football

To both Bolton and Bury could go to the wall, hopefully not.
    OK this is all down to mismanagement by the clubs owners who will have made sure their own lifestyle will be maintained before waving the white flag but as always it’s the supporters that’s going to suffer and my heart goes out to the and I’d feel the same regardless of which club that was.
    But when you look at the money that’s in English football through the likes of Sky which incidentally will be heavily subscribed to by Bolton and Bury fans and the bigger clubs paying out mega millions for players and even the clubs below their spending power paying silly money on player plus the obscene wages paid to player.
    With all this I find it shameful that not one offer of help has come from the FA, Sky, clubs or players of any help regardless of how small that offer was.
    If a neighbour hit hard time people would rally round and do things like sponsored walks etc to try to help out but then that’s what we do, we’re the backbone of society who happen to care but I’m afraid there must be a cut off point the richer you get and all this makes me very disillusioned with the sport.

Tha reight. Ar reckun itull get worse in next few years wi mooar historic clubs guin to wall. Bolton are founder members of the football league and Bury ev a good history as well as being another very old football club. What av noticed in recent years is that there are non league clubs with rich owners vying forra place in football league and wanting to tek place o the more traditional clubs and stay theear. Thaz got Fleetwood, Salford and the like being bankrolled. Afc Fylde eva few quid behind em. In 10 years time tha'll not recognise aif ot teeums in the 92. Tha looks at plight o Darlington, Stockpooart, York, Hartlepool, Notts county. All traditional football league clubs that have been badly run and suffered badly over last 10 years.

Bolton and Bury are probably going art o business and face expulsion. They're the next step on from the clubs above mentioned as wages and expenses have spiraled over the last 10 years. At least Stockport and York remained in business despite all the relegations they suffered. Ar reckun Bolton and Bury will be put at bottom of the league ladder and have to start from scratch.

We complain abart our owners yet our club is very well run financially and there looks to be very little chance of us getting into massive debts. It puts things into perspective.

As for the bigger clubs paying footballers millions of pounds a year, well it's nothing short of disgraceful. The wages man utd pay Alexi Sanchez would comfortably keep most lower league clubs comfortably in the black. It's gone completely bonkers has football.

Our league tradition and history is the best in the world. Gradually it will become nothing. I think that the only solution is to send all the mega money clubs from each country to play in their own super league and leave the rest to get on with it. Football will be a better sport and regain its humility if this happened in my opinion

couldn't careless Bolton should have gone 3 seasons ago been pulling wool over eyes every time with supposed takeovers now
    bury trying that trick with supposed takeovers.

wouldn't be surprised with an extension in the last 30mins.

Quote Originally Posted by yorkshireborn View Post
    couldn't careless Bolton should have gone 3 seasons ago been pulling wool over eyes every time with supposed takeovers now
    bury trying that trick with supposed takeovers.
    I see what you’re saying but the supporters don’t deserve to lose their clubs because of some greedy inept excuse for an owner.

Easy not to care about owners and businessmen but what about the fans?

if the fans really cared they would turn up for games averaged 3,600 the last 2 seasons

We want more , greedy 2 hats
    absolutely disgusting the amount some are paid , they don'tcare tho , greed greed greed , same can be said of our owners too ,

if the fans really cared they would turn up for games averaged 3,600 the last 2 seasons
    3600 is still 3600 who don’t deserve to have the club they love going to the wall. I’ve been to Oakwell with much lower attendances than that and I would have hated it if someone had said it didn’t matter if we went bust because of the say at home fans. Perhaps the missing thousands thought it was the only way they could show their disgust at the way the club was being run as the Blackpool supporters did and luckily for them it paid off.

Far as I know Bury have never had big support. They've always had around that average. I should imagine the geographical location of Bury has never helped them drum up supporters. Probably too many arseoils who live in Bury going to support United and City.

Am sure if we ever found ourselves in such an unfortunate position tha wunt be so flippant. Let's hope it never happens ey.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast