+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kellett leaves Notts

Kellett leaves Notts

Was always going to happen.

Notts County have mutually terminated the contract of midfielder Andy Kellett.

The 25-year-old has not featured in Neal Ardley’s plans this season and both parties felt it was best to part ways to allow him to progress his career.

Notts wish Andy all the best for the future.
    Last edited by Bartlett's Dust; 27-08-2019 at 10:37 AM.

Looked a quality and clever attack-minded midfielder when I saw him, so I think it's a shame he didn't get in the team more as I believe he could have been an asset. I'm not sure what the issue is, whether fitness or his face just didn't fit, but he clearly wasn't going to feature so getting rid seems the best option for all.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Looked a quality and clever attack-minded midfielder when I saw him, so I think it's a shame he didn't get in the team more as I believe he could have been an asset. I'm not sure what the issue is, whether fitness or his face just didn't fit, but he clearly wasn't going to feature so getting rid seems the best option for all.
    Every time he got a chance he got injured which is a real shame. He has talent obviously but just injury prone and I suspect he was on a decent wage to boot

Weird one this. Kellet is really flexible player who can slot in to many positions. Yet despite this he was never given a proper chance.

He must be a bad egg.

Quote Originally Posted by KCNotts View Post
    Weird one this. Kellet is really flexible player who can slot in to many positions. Yet despite this he was never given a proper chance.

He must be a bad egg.
    Not sure we know enough about him to say he's a bad egg ,i'm taking this as a positive step forwards though, we've been guilty over a number of years of having a bloated squad,releasing those who will not be in the first team is a good thing financially and also for morale in the dressing room,it can't be easy going to work knowing you're third fourth or fifth choice to play and you've basically got no chance of making the teamsheet,its bound to cause bad feeling and makes the managers job harder managing 30-40 players gripes when he only needs to be dealing with 20-25 is bound to be make life more difficult and be a distraction from the job of winning football matches.

Guessing Toots will be next

Maybe he wasn't given much of a chance but players have to force a manager to do so by their actions in training and for the reserves, and by taking their chance when they get it.

For me, it's just more deadwood gone.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieNate View Post
    Guessing Toots will be next
    Yeah, I think Tootle will be going. Kelly Evans is obviously first choice and we have Rose and Rawlinson who can also play there. Tootle will no doubt be on a considerable amount as well so frees up budget again

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Yeah, I think Tootle will be going. Kelly Evans is obviously first choice and we have Rose and Rawlinson who can also play there. Tootle will no doubt be on a considerable amount as well so frees up budget again
    A player leaving before his contract is up by mutual consent will often have a percentage of their contract paid up,it doesn't necessarily mean it frees up his wages for someone else to come in, its just cutting your losses on a player who would have been getting paid all season and not had a sniff of getting in the first team.
    sensible decisions being made at Notts for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    A player leaving before his contract is up by mutual consent will often have a percentage of their contract paid up,it doesn't necessarily mean it frees up his wages for someone else to come in, its just cutting your losses on a player who would have been getting paid all season and not had a sniff of getting in the first team.
    sensible decisions being made at Notts for a change.
    Usually speaking, it's ripped up so they can go elsewhere. It's a cheaper option and will free up budget. Especially as it's mutual, that means a deal has been agreed. It wouldn't surprise me if Kellet had another club lined up already

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast