+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cock Up by Cocu?

[QUOTE=es***red52;39310388]Can't polish a turd!

��[/
    Friggin hell He -*** thought you had died I will still take Cocu over Sabrina mate he's just Mendes puppet

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Suppose I’d better get my tin hat but, imo, there’s a huge overreaction here from people who should know better.
    Never nice to lose against one’s biggest rivals I know, but it’s the Carabao Cup...that’s all.
    Okay we won’t have our lovely little adventures at Old Trafford and Stamford Bridge to look forward to this season, but then didn’t the Chelsea escapade last season cost us Mount - and probably quite a number of much needed league points and form - last season?
    Far from being ‘disgusting’ or ‘going down in my estimation’ I think Cocu has acted like a professional and a grown up.
    He picked the kids in the previous round and he stuck with them last night...that’s the way the likes of Klopp goes about things - selecting and targeting the season’s priorities - and he knows a thing or two.
    As for suggesting ‘Cocu will be gone before the season end as we drift into mid table obscurity’ on the back of our reserves and youngsters coming unstuck at Forest in August...you’re much more sensible than that Swale.
    Only the Carabao Cup! This statement is from a mediocre tier 2 supporter?
    Staying in this competition keeps you on the map with air time.
    What other competition do you think you have a chance of winning? The Championship? We all know how successful you're at that!!
    This competition gives teams like you, and us a chance of winning something.
    More games! More gate money! Can only be good for a club like yours yes?
    And ours! Hence kicking your backsides 🤣🤣🤣

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Part of a managers jobs is surely understanding the pysche of the fans of the club and its history and a big part of that is knowing that whatever happens beating Forest is a big deal amongst Derby fans.

Of course if we finish in the top 6 or (unlikely) get promotion then he will be forgiven, but its a big IF and my concern is where exactly are the goals going to come from, Waghorn can't and wont deliver every game and I see nobody else who can.
    I'm going to need my in hat here from both sides

The red highlighted sentence from Swale just reinforces what a small minded, narrow, parochial bunch of fans we have. Basically you are saying that the season doesnt matter as long as we beat Forest? That is pathetic, lacking in ambition and frankly absurd - but its also probably true. Maybe 40 years of no success has led us to set our sights so low that beating a small town, equally unssuccessful (over a similar period) neighbour is important? I get local bragging rights at work or in the pub, but really we have to set aside thinking the season is a success because we kept the Brian Clough Trophy. But that is some fans for you, cannot see beyond the end of there nose

So it should not matter who we played in the cup, you either try or don't enter. Let it not be forgotten that NFFC appear to have rested just as many players as us: we didn't lose because they played their first team (*note I dont know how many regular starters they did play, but not many I suspect) against our kids: we lost because they were better. Simples.

As to the concept of "resting", FFS (to borrow a phrase) we are 6 games in to a season. As Swale says, if we are fighting for the premiership and champions league, then yes, throw in some non starters. They are probably better than our starters and should be able to handle Crawley away - unless they are Norwich!

And as for the idea of giving youngsters "some experience" - how does that work - they are playing another 2nd tier team's reserves, so thats not a new experience at all. They will be playing those backups in the regular reserve team games etc all season. So its not a new experience for Derby U23 to play NFFC U23 is it

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    Only the Carabao Cup! This statement is from a mediocre tier 2 supporter?
    Staying in this competition keeps you on the map with air time.
    What other competition do you think you have a chance of winning? The Championship? We all know how successful you're at that!!
    This competition gives teams like you, and us a chance of winning something.
    More games! More gate money! Can only be good for a club like yours yes?
    And ours! Hence kicking your backsides ������
    Kicking your backsides you mean like WBA kicked yours but couldn't kick ours You come back on here in May mate when you are going to revert to being the vase of flowers club . You know always in the middle of the table Anyway you still going to Colchester and Gillingham cheaper than going to Notts .You must be the only Forest fan who gets lost going from the Cow Shed to the railway station I've got a long memory good luck for rest of season
    Last edited by mistaram; 28-08-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Kicking your backsides you mean like WBA kick yo it come back ours but couldn't kick ours You come back in May mate when you have reverted to case of flowers club ,Always in the middle of the table Anyway you still going to Colchester and Gillingham but nearer for you You must be the only Forest fan who gets lost going from the Cow Shed to the railway station . I have a long memory ha
    WBA? Haha, you're so on the back foot here you're referring to the WBA game?

Your first statement suggests to me that you think your club is bigger and better than it actually is!

Boo hoo 😢

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    The only remaining player from the WBA game was Buchanan, an 18 year old left back who, under normal circumstances, would have been 4th choice just 3 or 4 weeks ago behind Fozzy, Malone and Lowe. Fozzy not fit, Malone off form and Lowe curently our 1st choice available right back.

Of the XI I think he will also be the only one who starts at Brentford.
    Plus the best left back of the lot goes to Blackpool on loan

Its not even a loan, its a permanent

We should be taking all competitions seriously and not be fielding a team that had no chance of winning. To do so is cheating the fans and denying them of any hope of winning a trophy this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Its not even a loan, its a permanent
    Geoff that is stupid I watch the U23 all the time and McDonald is a very good left back and takes a great free kick Can't understand the club sometimes we let Kellan Gordon to to Mansfield just has was beginning to look like a good right back and we all know how desperate we are for right backs I know you can't keep them all and it blocks the U18s coming through Obviously Wassall sees things differently but he doesn't seem in any hurry to move his son on

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    WBA? Haha, you're so on the back foot here you're referring to the WBA game?

Your first statement suggests to me that you think your club is bigger and better than it actually is!

Boo hoo ��
    Oh dear have you missed your medication or did I hit a nerve. Where have I stated that my club is bigger or better than yours . I do think that but I have not wrote it down ����
    Last edited by mistaram; 28-08-2019 at 06:01 PM.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)