+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cock Up by Cocu?

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    RA sorry mate I disagree with every word of that Firstly discount getting injured 73% f injuries occur at training sessions Its August we've played 5games why the hell do you need to rest players. If we have a midweek league game ,which happens most week you don't make 10changes Last night is not acceptable fans have to pay They don't it you in for free because we choose to play kids Its a total insult to the competition the fans the club and even the youngsters who played Playing Brentford on Saturday has absolutely nothing to do with it . Cocu and his staff knew playing kids got them of the hook Well I'm just one of hundreds who don't except his tactics
    No need to say ‘sorry’, mista. I know I’m out of step on this one and I understand your frustration at having to pay full whack to watch an obviously understrength team.
    That, imo, isn’t Cocu’s fault and had it been another smaller club other than Forest and we’d had some say over ticket prices, then I’m sure the cost would have been reduced accordingly, as it has in past seasons.

Es***, I’m not undervaluing the competition or bigging us up. Fact is Cocu’s priority is the league, almost certainly not winning it or being relegated, but getting as close to the top six as possible. He took the steps he saw fit to give us the best chance possible against Brentford on Saturday. If we come unstuck there too he’ll have a bit of egg on his face...should we win or pick up a point then Tuesday night will be quickly forgotten.

He’s a bright and intelligent manager who isn’t likely to be sidetracked by the prospect of us beating our nearest rivals in a competition neither of us can realistically win. Plenty of other managers do exactly the same.

Es***, now what have I told you about playing nicely?
    Now get to bed with no supper. No jellied eels tonight lad.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Now then Tricky don't spoil our fun . We love it when he crawls out once a year if he wants to believe Lolly and Adoma are under 23 who are we to argue

Can't be to disheartened

Bennett is now our new up top striker so all is rosy in the Pride Park garden

Cocu is on Bielsas level of getting the team ultra conditioned and fit for battle.... so much so he can rest them 4 games into the season....

bada boom bada bom

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    Can't be to disheartened

Bennett is now our new up top striker so all is rosy in the Pride Park garden

Cocu is on Bielsas level of getting the team ultra conditioned and fit for battle.... so much so he can rest them 4 games into the season....

bada boom bada bom
    Nothing is rosy fella, absolutely nothing.
    Mason is not a striker, not at this level.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    No need to say ‘sorry’, mista. I know I’m out of step on this one and I understand your frustration at having to pay full whack to watch an obviously understrength team.
    That, imo, isn’t Cocu’s fault and had it been another smaller club other than Forest and we’d had some say over ticket prices, then I’m sure the cost would have been reduced accordingly, as it has in past seasons.

Es***, I’m not undervaluing the competition or bigging us up. Fact is Cocu’s priority is the league, almost certainly not winning it or being relegated, but getting as close to the top six as possible. He took the steps he saw fit to give us the best chance possible against Brentford on Saturday. If we come unstuck there too he’ll have a bit of egg on his face...should we win or pick up a point then Tuesday night will be quickly forgotten.

He’s a bright and intelligent manager who isn’t likely to be sidetracked by the prospect of us beating our nearest rivals in a competition neither of us can realistically win. Plenty of other managers do exactly the same.
    Not a Derby fan Then. Oh well. Give up before we start. Way to go fella.
    Sad sad sad.
    I bet when they picked the teams at school, you were last with that competitive spirit.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    Not a Derby fan Then. Oh well. Give up before we start. Way to go fella.
    Sad sad sad.
    I bet when they picked the teams at school, you were last with that competitive spirit.
    Lol...says our resident Brentford based cocky, cockney courier ...and your connection with Derby is?

Nowt wrong with my ‘competitive spirit’, Angry...but I’ll hazard a guess that the managers of Burnley, Norwich and Crystal Palace are none too disappointed at no longer having the distraction of the Carabao Cup taking attention away from their prime target of top flight survival.

Suppose a trip to Arsenal would have been quite handy for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I'm going to need my in hat here from both sides

The red highlighted sentence from Swale just reinforces what a small minded, narrow, parochial bunch of fans we have. Basically you are saying that the season doesnt matter as long as we beat Forest? That is pathetic, lacking in ambition and frankly absurd - but its also probably true. Maybe 40 years of no success has led us to set our sights so low that beating a small town, equally unssuccessful (over a similar period) neighbour is important? I get local bragging rights at work or in the pub, but really we have to set aside thinking the season is a success because we kept the Brian Clough Trophy. But that is some fans for you, cannot see beyond the end of there nose

So it should not matter who we played in the cup, you either try or don't enter. Let it not be forgotten that NFFC appear to have rested just as many players as us: we didn't lose because they played their first team (*note I dont know how many regular starters they did play, but not many I suspect) against our kids: we lost because they were better. Simples.

As to the concept of "resting", FFS (to borrow a phrase) we are 6 games in to a season. As Swale says, if we are fighting for the premiership and champions league, then yes, throw in some non starters. They are probably better than our starters and should be able to handle Crawley away - unless they are Norwich!

And as for the idea of giving youngsters "some experience" - how does that work - they are playing another 2nd tier team's reserves, so thats not a new experience at all. They will be playing those backups in the regular reserve team games etc all season. So its not a new experience for Derby U23 to play NFFC U23 is it
    Whilst I think you are right in that for some fans beating their rivals is more important than wining a trophy or getting promotion, which is parochial in that sense, it is important to most football fans that their team does better than the local rivals and hopefully beat them when they play them, surely thats part of the historical essence of supporting a club? I would rather win something or get promotion than beat Forest, but in the sense of the club being part of the community, beating Forest is also important.

IMO Cocu basically showed contempt for that and for the fans. The practice of disrespecting cup competitions by fielding ridiculously weakened teams is now rife, I think the powers that be would be better off devising ways of ensuring that cup competitions are taken seriously, instead of making stupid changes to the laws as in the handball rule, but what do i know? I'm only a paying fan and as we know we don't matter anymore.

Rotations one thing, 10 changes is a ****ing joke and brings football into disrepute, plus we have missed out on a profitable awayday to Arsenal and fans have been denied attending an out of the ordinary game.

Frankly if a team does not want to take a cup seriously then they should withdraw from the competition.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Lol...says our resident Brentford based cocky, cockney courier ...and your connection with Derby is?

Nowt wrong with my ‘competitive spirit’, Angry...but I’ll hazard a guess that the managers of Burnley, Norwich and Crystal Palace are none too disappointed at no longer having the distraction of the Carabao Cup taking attention away from their prime target of top flight survival.

Suppose a trip to Arsenal would have been quite handy for you.
    I'd wager their fans are none to pleased at being dumped out of a competition those teams may well have had a chance of winning though!

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    I was politely correcting Mister about his strange scripture about "it's only the Carabau Cup" boo hoo!
    COYR!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)