+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bradford

Bradford

After about an hour of matching Premier League Villa (in football terms if not score-wise&#128513 let's see how we do against a smaller 'big' club on Saturday. If DA can pick them up again after Tuesday night, we should be in for another good game in front of another larger than our average crowd.
    Hopefully the work will have concentrated on finishing.
    For me the jury is out on the new guy, he needs a few games to settle in. One thing, he definitely has quicker feet than Porter ( not hard!)
    I'm going for 2-1 to us.

Well that was pleasing. Playing 12 men again! How on earth did we finish with 4 yellow cards when they didn't get any.
    Tommy Lowery is really proving the doubters wrong (where are they by the way? Oh, of course! They'll be back next time we lose!) Certainly no headless chicken! Wouldn't be surprised if the scouts come knocking soon!

Only 3,200 home fans today. What does it take??

What has struck me about the last 3 league games is that the opposition were all big sides with what might politely be described as an up an at ‘em approach where the main objective was to stop us playing and get the ball into the box early for a big fella to challenge for it. I wasn’t at the Newport game but, by all accounts, we were the better side and we certainly were against Walsall and Bradford. None of our players backed down and we played much the better football every time.

Ironically, of course, we lost to the decent footballing side! All of which should leave us in good stead for the rest of the season, or at least until the January transfer window and our bank account is boosted substantially!!

Quote Originally Posted by gazan View Post
    After about an hour of matching Premier League Villa (in football terms if not score-wise&#128513 let's see how we do against a smaller 'big' club on Saturday. If DA can pick them up again after Tuesday night, we should be in for another good game in front of another larger than our average crowd.
    Hopefully the work will have concentrated on finishing.
    For me the jury is out on the new guy, he needs a few games to settle in. One thing, he definitely has quicker feet than Porter ( not hard!)
    I'm going for 2-1 to us.

Porter might not be the fastest, but his link up play is good. We need to get people close to him a bit quicker, he looked marooned at times yesterday. He’s smart too, knows when and how to get the free kicks and when to slow the game down.

Well that was pleasing. Playing 12 men again! How on earth did we finish with 4 yellow cards when they didn't get any.
    Tommy Lowery is really proving the doubters wrong (where are they by the way? Oh, of course! They'll be back next time we lose!) Certainly no headless chicken! Wouldn't be surprised if the scouts come knocking soon!
    I have been very critical of Lowery in the past, but credit where credit is due he has come on leaps and bounds and looks like he will be a very good player, also Kirky has come on immensely since last season and like Lowery looks like a real player going places, now here’s the but disappointingly Jones looks a shadow of the player he was and Ainley also has not kicked on imagine if these 2 could also kick on what a group of players we will have on our hands.

Of the game yesterday the lads were immense particularly in the second half where they were unplayable at times extremely good the best I have seen them collectively play in a long while (my opinion) however the one critical point I would make and this applies to the Newport game as well we have to score more goals when we are on top in games at Newport we allowed ourselves to be done by poor finishing and yesterday we left ourselves open to a late equaliser which thankfully didn’t come, somebody is going to get a good hiding off us soon but I would rather we took our chances every game and not just give somebody a 6-0 whooping, that would be my only criticism of what looks an exciting team.

If they took their chances every game they'd be playing in higher leagues Wartman! Green should have had a hat trick and same for Kirk. I think we're not far off turning someone over (hopefully some scummy team like Stevenage or Salford!) soon but the early signs are great given the teams we've played already. When I saw that start when the fixtures came out I was thinking wow we might see 6 or 7 points from the opening 18 yet here we are on 12! Our attacking play is probably the best and most flamboyant in the EFL, defending at times is non-league but certainly better than recent seasons! Exciting times lay ahead I feel, UP THE ALEX!

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse View Post
    Porter might not be the fastest, but his link up play is good. We need to get people close to him a bit quicker, he looked marooned at times yesterday. He’s smart too, knows when and how to get the free kicks and when to slow the game down.
    Agree wholeheartedly with this sentiment, he offers so much more than being a poacher and a good penalty taker. Watch the amount of defensive headers he wins when we are defending corners. The amount of clever free kicks he wins us. His know-how and experience are invaluable.

Met an Everton scout at Nantwich, pre-season, who's watching him. Suspect he may be one of these retainer scouts, not in-house, who make recommendations and suggest someone comes and has a look too, but still.

Well people criticised me last season for sticking up for Lowery and why I couldn't understand he was not playing more.

I am really pleased for him. To the opposition he must seem like that fly that keeps buzzing around you and no amount of flapping can get rid of it. Keep it up Tom

The football we are producing at times is sublime. Those who do not go are really missing out

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast