+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 154 of 156 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,540 of 1551

Thread: O/T:- Who needs Parliament?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    So twice our PM has made very definite and emotive statements on Brexit, and twice he has backed down with his tail between his legs. Incredibly, this piece of animal excrement will win the next general election* whenever it takes place!
    As opposed to the spineless sh1ts who are determined to thwart the referendum outcome by every means they can in fear of either and/or losing their seats or EU benefits that they may receive.

All the past couple of years have proved is that our parliament is incapable of following the will of the people (oh yes, we'll honour the result of the referendum said most of the major parties), that our parliament is incapable of running the country and now the one thing that would have me change my mind is for parliament to dissolve itself and have direct rule from Brussels. EUSSR here we come with open arms on bended knees.

Why are you so keen on staying in the EU anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    As opposed to the spineless sh1ts who are determined to thwart the referendum outcome by every means they can in fear of either and/or losing their seats or EU benefits that they may receive.
    Alternatively, they are trying to thwart the referendum outcome because they think it's a bad idea that will damage the country.

Why are you so keen on staying in the EU anyway?
    Because the alternative is unbridled rule under a Tory government led by Boris Johnson. Give me the EU over that any day of the week.

That’s unfair. Most if not all of the ERG can afford to live quite well without any EU ‘benefits’ they might receive.

Is he dead in a ditch yet ? Or have we to put up with him for another day.

Alternatively, they are trying to thwart the referendum outcome because they think it's a bad idea that will damage the country.
    That was not their remit.

Because the alternative is unbridled rule under a Tory government led by Boris Johnson. Give me the EU over that any day of the week.
    You were anti-Brexit pre BoJo, anyway looks as if you'll get your new leader soon, I'm sure everyone will clamour to vote him in. I wonder if he'll then revert to open necked shirt, man-bag and uncombed hair.

Elite, are you saying you prefer the EU to a government elected by the people of this country because you don’t like who they have elected?

That was not their remit.
    Maybe not, but they've realised it was an utterly stupid question to put to the general public. When it comes to backstops, tariffs, no-deals, WTO terms etc not many people have the intelligence or time and inclination (me included) to grasp the finer points in order to make an informed judgement. The question was a very simple one, but finding an answer to it would make Einstein look a simpleton. If it becomes apparent that you have made a big mistake, do you stick blindly to the decision or try and rectify it?

You were anti-Brexit pre BoJo, anyway looks as if you'll get your new leader soon, I'm sure everyone will clamour to vote him in. I wonder if he'll then revert to open necked shirt, man-bag and uncombed hair.
    I was anti-Brexit before the vote, but at no time have I suggested Corbyn as being part of the solution. That's just something you invented.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Elite, are you saying you prefer the EU to a government elected by the people of this country because you don’t like who they have elected?
    I prefer a mix of both, like we've had for decades. The EU are far from perfect, but I would still rather have some jurisdiction from them than rely solely on a government led by Boris Johnson (or Jeremy Corbyn to make it clear for Old-pie).

I prefer a mix of both, like we've had for decades. The EU are far from perfect, but I would still rather have some jurisdiction from them than rely solely on a government led by Boris Johnson (or Jeremy Corbyn to make it clear for Old-pie).
    Okay, I understand but disagree with your view.

Page 154 of 156 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154155156 LastLast