+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 156 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Who needs Parliament?

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Come on then loser, show the the FACTS
    I'm sure Trump is every bit as innocent as Prince Andrew is.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    What if the bickering is a natural part of the process after a close vote though?
    In a general election say theres a constiency where 50000 vote labour and 49000 vote tory, do the tory voters get to bicker and demand a second vote and tell everyone they dont know what a disaster it will be because it was a close run thing, no they suck it up accept that it was a democratic vote and wait until their next opportunity to vote for their favoured party.

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    Come on then loser, show the the FACTS
    Mueller report is available online.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    In a general election say theres a constiency where 50000 vote labour and 49000 vote tory, do the tory voters get to bicker and demand a second vote and tell everyone they dont know what a disaster it will be because it was a close run thing, no they suck it up accept that it was a democratic vote and wait until their next opportunity to vote for their favoured party.
    Correct, but a completely misleading example.

In an election if you win even by one vote you get the seat, no questions asked.

In a referendum to stay or leave the EU you have to decide what leave means exactly and that's where the bickering is necessary.

Mueller report is available online.
    I thought Russian interference in the US presidential race made a refreshing change from the usual US interference in the US presidential race.

I agree. We need another election as the Tories told lies at the last one and it's been 2 years and voters have changed their minds!!!!!

I can't help but think that if the ''leavers' had lost the vote, they'd have accepted it with a lot more good grace. I certainly would have done.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm sure Trump is every bit as innocent as Prince Andrew is.
    This is exactly what gets to me and what I tried saying on the other thread about the Mansfield players. Nothing will happen to Prince Andrew as he's in the Royal Family but then people expect poor kids with nothing to live a completely straight life and be grateful for it. Why should they? It's not like the ruling classes do. Until they can promise accountability for politicians, royal family members and corrupt police committing crime then I don't blame them. Of course you could say personal accountability is the key so we'll see Prince Andrew's in the coming days but if course its already started that it can't be him as he has FAT FINGERS ha ha ha ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    I agree. We need another election as the Tories told lies at the last one and it's been 2 years and voters have changed their minds!!!!!

I can't help but think that if the ''leavers' had lost the vote, they'd have accepted it with a lot more good grace. I certainly would have done.
    Well that's by no means a given but anyway the leavers had the advantage of having their opinions taken into account in the status quo.

Opinion is divided on EU membership so we have a relationship with the EU which reflects that. No euro, no Schengen, loads of opt outs from the major legislation.

Now we're shutting down parliament to push through a no deal Brexit after a 52/48 result in which probably 25% voted for a no deal.

There is no mandate for this however you dress it up.

... wait until their next opportunity to vote for their favoured party.
    Then that opportunity should be a confirming referendum now everyone is aware of the ****storm that will be visited on the UK and EU. If the people confirm that the original 17.4m voted for No Deal then so be it. But if they are now looking down the barrel and are scared of the result then they should be given an opportunity to say so. Many of that 17.4m will have voted for the cosy deal they were promised and may now prefer to remain. Isn't that democracy ?

Correct, but a completely misleading example.

In an election if you win even by one vote you get the seat, no questions asked.

In a referendum to stay or leave the EU you have to decide what leave means exactly and that's where the bickering is necessary.
    Voters were asked a single question, there were no stipulations or caveats, If Cameron hadn't be so arrogant and out of touch with what people outside of London were thinking and feeling then maybe he'd have prepared a more suitable question.

Page 3 of 156 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast