+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 30 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Who needs Parliament?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Tony Benn was of like mind, but I believe that if was still with us he would say that different times call for different views. Little Ole England on its own will never do anything about climate change or the Middle East or the Third World. He would have seen that within a reformed EU, the UK could unite with Europe to oppose the nationalism that is taking the world in all the wrong directions.
    Don't you think that because of the EU and it's behaviour that is one of the reasons nationalism is now so rife in Europe?

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Don't you think that because of the EU and it's behaviour that is one of the reasons nationalism is now so rife in Europe?
    But it exists in THE USA, India, Brazil, Malaysia, Indonesia, Russia as well as Hungary and Poland. In our local Spar shop, one of the assistants Viktoria is Hungarian and she has left her own country (with 2 young kids) because she hates Orban and where 'he is taking my country'. Maybe Hungary's false position in the EU is the only hope that it can be brought into line. So, no, I believe the EU has very little to do with the rise of nationalism

... it's more to do with perceived national self interest. Why should we subsidise those poorer countries who, effectively, say to their population, we can't help you so piss off abroad where their benefits system will look after you. Scotland and NI receive good handouts from the EU; they can p off too ... give them each a referendum.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... it's more to do with perceived national self interest. Why should we subsidise those poorer countries who, effectively, say to their population, we can't help you so piss off abroad where their benefits system will look after you. Scotland and NI receive good handouts from the EU; they can p off too ... give them each a referendum.
    Devastating analysis as usual from the Hoss.

TheBlackHorse is being tried in blinkers again.

Strange then how I managed to move to France and be told there was no healthcare, no benefits, no nothing without formally joining the system, paying my dues and meeting income criteria. Last time I looked France were subject to the same EU rules and the EU social security system. Why haven't UK done the same ? You've had a right-wing Tory government since 2010. Could that be where the failings lie ?

Oh well, at least there was one good win tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Oh well, at least there was one good win tonight.
    Can anyone upload a photo of Rees Mogg lounging around on the benches of the House of Commons like he owns the ****ing place?

I think we should all look at it then have a good laugh at how funny the idea of Brexit 'bringing down the elite' is.

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Can anyone upload a photo of Rees Mogg lounging around on the benches of the House of Commons like he owns the ****ing place?

I think we should all look at it then have a good laugh at how funny the idea of Brexit 'bringing down the elite' is.
    Just for you driller

Name:  Moggy 2.jpg
Views: 166
Size:  93.5 KB

Johnson has a -43 majority.
    Dry those right wing tears and lets all get behind JC for PM.

Page 30 of 156 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast