+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 51 of 156 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Who needs Parliament?

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    Of course he's twisting the truth, we all know he's telling little porkie pies and anyone who thinks he isnt is either naive or stupid, but my point was that this is nothing new in parliament , remainers are getting all outraged about this particular one because it suits their agenda on this occasion.
    Tbh i'm more outraged that the opposition have absolutely no confidence in Boris to get Brexit done with a satisfactory deal,they claim they know a better way but when offered a GE they all abstained, i can take someone using a shortcut to get a job finished but the hypocrisy from the other side disgusts me.

The sooner this is all over the better,hopefully once we get the EU off our backs maybe we can do something to drag our own grubby little political establishment into the 21st century.

On that note i prorogue myself from any further comment on Brexit until November 1st, i had a vote and it sailed through the house 1 to 0 i don't need to ask the Queen because she doesnt have any power over me, i think i might watch a bit of football till its all over
    .Attachment 13881
    So Boris 'uses shortcut to get job finished' but then says it is unconnected.

Where exactly is the 'hypocrisy' that disgusts you so much? The other parties saw his trap and refused to fall for it.

I don't blame them although the sooner BJ, and more especially Cummings are out the better.

Quote Originally Posted by magpie_mania View Post

Where exactly is the 'hypocrisy' that disgusts you so much? The other parties saw his trap and refused to fall for it.

I don't blame them although the sooner BJ, and more especially Cummings are out the better.

Oh fu*k proroguing myself i cant not reply to that

If you can't see the hypocrisy you are either thick or myopic, i'd like to presume the latter but i have a feeling its the former you absolute toolbag dry your eyes mate its nearly over

Politics, as defined by the NI Lord Justice when dismissing the recent NI Brexit court case.

Delivering the judgment, McCloskey said: “Virtually all of the assembled evidence belongs to the world of politics, both national and supra-national.

“Within the world of politics, the well-recognised phenomena of claim and counter-claim, assertion and counter-assertion, allegation and denial, blow and counter-blow, alteration and modification of government policy, public statements, unpublished deliberations, posturing, strategy and tactics are the very essence of what is both countenanced and permitted in a democratic society.”

Tarkers summary is "all politicians tell porkies, you just have to figure out which one is telling even half-truths....by a process of elimination, the other side must be total bull-****ters....caveat emptor"

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post

On that note i prorogue myself from any further comment on Brexit until November 1st
    If only.

For Boris substitute Bercow, substitute Starmer, substitute Blackford. The whole institution is rotten to the core

Quote Originally Posted by Notsohumblepie View Post
    For Boris substitute Bercow, substitute Starmer, substitute Blackford. The whole institution is rotten to the core
    No one believes claptrap like this, not even the people saying it.

The names mentioned are just three of the people calling out Johnson's trashing of democracy.

Shutting down parliament illegally and lying to the Queen about it are are just the latest in a long and well-documented history of Pfeffel's dishonesty.

A question: If you knew someone in your own life who lied to you time and time again, to your face, with negative consequences for you each time, would you have much time or respect for them?

Then, why is it acceptable to have that kind of person as the leader of your country? Can't we do any better than that?
    Last edited by the_anticlough; 13-09-2019 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    No one believes claptrap like this, not even the people saying it.

The names mentioned are just three of the people calling out Johnson's trashing of democracy.

Shutting down parliament illegally and lying to the Queen about it are are just the latest in a long and well-documented history of Pfeffel's dishonesty.

A question: If you knew someone in your own life who lied to you time and time again, to your face, with negative consequences for you each time, would you have much time or respect for them?

Then, why is it acceptable to have that kind of person as the leader of your country? Can't we do any better than that?
    Lied?

Misled
    Twisted the truth
    Told 'little porkie pies'

But lied - never!

But it's OK because it's nothing new!

While BJ is denying he's lied, and still insisting that the proroguing is about the Queen's speech and getting other stuff done, bridpie is defending him by saying of course he's lying! You couldn't make it up!

'These same logical, rational people know why he pro-rogued, it was about putting an end to the incessant blocking and delaying tactics from the remainers who are now in their death throes and are grasping at any little thing they can to try to keep us in for longer, they have had enough time and it needed to be put to an end.
    We all know why he did it and we all know why he cannot say that is why he did it,'

Hope he never tries to defend me!

Lied?

Misled
    Twisted the truth
    Told 'little porkie pies'

But lied - never!

But it's OK because it's nothing new!

While BJ is denying he's lied, and still insisting that the proroguing is about the Queen's speech and getting other stuff done, bridpie is defending him by saying of course he's lying! You couldn't make it up!

'These same logical, rational people know why he pro-rogued, it was about putting an end to the incessant blocking and delaying tactics from the remainers who are now in their death throes and are grasping at any little thing they can to try to keep us in for longer, they have had enough time and it needed to be put to an end.
    We all know why he did it and we all know why he cannot say that is why he did it,'

Hope he never tries to defend me!
    As with everything in the Brexit debate, depends on your viewpoint. Did Boris lie or did he use arcane H.O.C procedure for his own convenience? Many others have done the same including John Major. How about the hoards of MP's who came out after the referendum and said they would respect the vote and are now refusing to do so, are they liars? As far as trashing democracy goes that charge can easily be directed at many members of the H.O.C who now flatly refuse to accept any sort of Brexit, deal or not, other than remain.

Jackal, you’re waving away what you yourself admit to be the lies of your side in the referendum as ‘hyperbole’ just because they produced a winning result. The equivalent of joining the Euro the day after if we’d voted to stay.

The public were misled, lied to, and are continuing to be so, both by senior politicians and their cheerleaders in the press. As we have seen from this thread and elsewhere, a lot of people aren’t bothered about being lied to if it’s their side doing the lying, even if it’s their precious queen who’s been lied to as well.

Fine, but be prepared to be accused of mania, zealotry, and ignoring facts and logic if you’re happy to go along with it..

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    As with everything in the Brexit debate, depends on your viewpoint. Did Boris lie or did he use arcane H.O.C procedure for his own convenience? Many others have done the same including John Major. How about the hoards of MP's who came out after the referendum and said they would respect the vote and are now refusing to do so, are they liars? As far as trashing democracy goes that charge can easily be directed at many members of the H.O.C who now flatly refuse to accept any sort of Brexit, deal or not, other than remain.
    It’s not that they’re not respecting the result, it’s just that no one has found a way to implement the result, as promised during the referendum. The people who headed the Leave campaign, Johnson and Gove, couldn’t even agree about the way to implement the result. One voted for the WA, the other voted against it.

If Major, Blair or anyone else lied as Johnson did to prorogue Parliament, the same legal channels were open to anyone to challenge them in the same way that Johnson has been challenged.

Page 51 of 156 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast