+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 57 of 156 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Who needs Parliament?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Have you ever considered that the reason so many MPs are being "undemocratic" is that they realise that honouring the "democratic" vote will leave the constituents they represent with a bleak future? Probably not.
    Whether or not what you say will turn out, and that is an unknown, it was not in the remit of MPs to make that decision, but simply to make the best of that decision.

Have you ever considered that the reason so many MPs are being "undemocratic" is that they realise that honouring the "democratic" vote will leave the constituents they represent with a bleak future? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Whether or not what you say will turn out, and that is an unknown, it was not in the remit of MPs to make that decision, but simply to make the best of that decision.

Many a time I've let out an audible groan when the Tories have got into power, knowing the poorest and most vulnerable will suffer the most. But we always honour the will of the people. There's often plenty of complaints and maybe some protest but we don't demand a 2nd vote or choose to ignore the 1st one. That's democracy innit, majority wins, always has, always will.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Many a time I've let out an audible groan when the Tories have got into power, knowing the poorest and most vulnerable will suffer the most. But we always honour the will of the people. There's often plenty of complaints and maybe some protest but we don't demand a 2nd vote or choose to ignore the 1st one. That's democracy innit, majority wins, always has, always will.
    Many a time I've let out an audible groan when Labour have got into power, knowing that social programs will be implemented that are unaffordable and the Tories will need to come back in to try and bring some balance to the economic mess left behind, meaning that they will become unpopular and Labour will get back in and so goes on the cycle. Conclusion - we don't need parliament, they just fluck things up.

Many a time I've let out an audible groan when Labour have got into power, knowing that social programs will be implemented that are unaffordable and the Tories will need to come back in to try and bring some balance to the economic mess left behind, meaning that they will become unpopular and Labour will get back in and so goes on the cycle. Conclusion - we don't need parliament, they just fluck things up.
    Your view about Labour always being the party of pain economy-wise is very outdated and belongs to the Wilson era. i'm tired of people who blame the 2008/9 crisis on Brown / Labour. This was a global problem which stemmed from the USA and particularly Lehman bros. Most economists credit Gordon Brown with sensible counter policies.
    The Tories for all the pain caused since 2010 have done nothing to ease the national debt and now the circus clown is in charge just watch the coming car crash.

I wasn't intending to make a political point, just using one as an example. My point is, democracy is paramount, ignore it at your peril. If you are willing to do that, may as well sell what's left of the gold and turn the lights out.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieTony View Post
    The name 'Liberal Democrat' is becoming too much of a misnomer.........however, if they pull in many more Conservative MPs they can call themselves New Labour!
    It's about time old Chuka changed parties again isn't it? I mean he's been a Lib Dem now for over 3 months, surely the Greens must be calling soon.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    It's about time old Chuka changed parties again isn't it? I mean he's been a Lib Dem now for over 3 months, surely the Greens must be calling soon.
    I'm sure that he will find a suitable, and worthy repository for his ego at some point , and the search for his personal " holy grail" will have come to a glorious conclusion

I am perfectly happy for the Lib Dems to set their "cancel brexit" policy - it looks really good against the backdrop of the videos of Jo Swinson calling for an in-out referendum back in 2008 and the video of Paddy Ashdown on referendum night, who they just had the nerve to honour at their conference, saying that he will forgive no-one who does not accept the result and the sovereign rights of the British people. If we have learned anything about the Lib Dems over the last 10 years it is that they are willing to do absolutely anything for a bit of attention and that they have no decipherable policies, principles or philosophy.

Anyone who is seriously considering voting Lib Dem in the election when it does come must surely have some kind of degenerative brain disease?

Quote Originally Posted by Skatorna View Post
    Anyone who is seriously considering voting Lib Dem in the election when it does come must surely have some kind of degenerative brain disease?
    You think Boris Johnson has as Prime Minister so far “played it brilliantly”.

If I were you I’d be quite wary of throwing around allegations of poor brain function in other people.

Quote Originally Posted by Skatorna View Post
    I am perfectly happy for the Lib Dems to set their "cancel brexit" policy - it looks really good against the backdrop of the videos of Jo Swinson
    Nothing looks good against a backdrop of Jo Swinson. That woman must have bought 3 for 2 of those dresses in the Primark sale. The orange one with trainers was possibly the worst, and today it's sky blue with orange shoes. What is it with these people and orange?

Yes, and that's my considered opinion on Brexit today. I am getting such a personal dislike for patronising anti-democrat Jo Swinson that she's converted me from wavering to a hard-line no deal Brexiteer in the space of a week.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 17-09-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Page 57 of 156 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast