Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
If Bozo is so much smarter than we give him credit for on the left, then please account for his performance at PMQ on September 4th. Was that all part of the master plan too? It was quite one of the most shockingly inept performances ever witnessed at the despatch box and actually made Theresa May look like she was an orator and stateswoman by comparison.
I have met many people in my teaching career who have 1st's and 2 i 's at Oxbridge but totally lack nous. Johnson is another.
One swallow doesn't make a summer.

The man on the clapham omnibus neither watches nor cares about PMQ's. They might catch the 30 second clip on the news but thats about it; and if Boris can appear to be standing up against remainers during those 30 seconds then it is more than enough to win the hearts of the 52+%. All Boris has to do is show passion and consistency to actually do what Parliament should have done over the last 3 years and deliver on the referendum result after it was ratified.

If you think someone who can be an incredibly successful journalist, MP, Mayor of London for two terms, leader of the Conservative Party and still "totally lack nous" then I need to find somewhere to dump all this troublesome nous that is holding me back! Considering that scandal has done nothing but propel him forward from one success to another, I think your evaluation is worthless and undoubtedly tinted with some red-flag coloured spectacles.

I'm not a Conservative by any stretch of the imagination; never have voted for them and unless they have some drastic policy changes I never will, but if you seriously buy the narrative that the remainers are winning right now and take it simply at face value then all that shows up is in fact your own lack of nous and critical thinking.