+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 156 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Who needs Parliament?

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    I find it quite amusing that the remoaner mp's are crying that its undemocratic, is it as undemocratic as trying to overrule the referendum result because they didn't like the outcome?
    Would we have seen the same result if the vote had been for a no deal exit though?

Anyway, the queen has agreed to it.

I find it quite amusing that the remoaner mp's are crying that its undemocratic, is it as undemocratic as trying to overrule the referendum result because they didn't like the outcome?
    Truth is, due to their intransigence, the remainers have driven the no deal agenda. Remainers wouldn't vote for any deal regardless of it's merits, cos they simply want to stay. No deal has now become the only realistic way we will ever actually leave.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Just put it into cold storage whenever you as leader of the nation want to pass something that might not get past Parliament's scrutiny.
    Bring back hanging for murder? Not popular with MP's but very popular with the people. Suspend Parliament.
    Kick out people who have a poor understanding of the English language (NCM members excepted). (Shouldn't be here if they can't understand OUR language anyway).
    After all, it worked for Hitler and the Donald
    Strangely enough I expected another load of garbage from you. Well done Boris, at last a politician who listens to the people who democratically voted to leave the EU. People are so fed up and tired of the traitors, collaborators, biased reporting from remain orientated BBC, Sky New, Channel 4 and all the anti democratic papers, you know the ones I mean. We have waited for an Oliver Cromwell long enough to sort out the MP’s who ignore the will of the people. Today is a wonderful day, suck it up remainers.

By the way, I understood Donald was democratically elected, something you lot detest.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Truth is, due to their intransigence, the remainers have driven the no deal agenda. Remainers wouldn't vote for any deal regardless of it's merits, cos they simply want to stay. No deal has now become the only realistic way we will ever actually leave.
    I can't help thinking that if the Mp's had just approached this whole mess by following the will of their constituencies this would have all been over long ago, too many MPs trying to make a name for themselves and voting based on thier own personal opinions and agendas and not the people they are supposed to be representing.
    Calling for people to take to the streets seems a dangerous game to be playing, for one i don't think they have that kind of support(they really are out of touch with normal people) and two if there ended up being trouble some of them may live to regret those words. can you go to prison for inciting public unrest? probably not if you are an MP as rules dont seem to apply to them

Quote Originally Posted by JoePass View Post
    By the way, I understood Donald was democratically elected, something you lot detest.
    I'm sure the Russians would agree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm sure the Russians would agree with you.

Come on then loser, show the the FACTS

The irony is that people who (supposedly) voted for parliamentary sovereignty in voting leave, now think its a great idea to suspend parliament.

MPs are traitors when they don't vote as you want

Judges are enemies of the people when they don't give the rulings you want

Close parliament when you want in order to push through a no-deal Brexit with absolutely no mandate

Long live Proper British Democracy! It's so reassuring to know we will soon be out of the 'undemocratic' EU.

Quote Originally Posted by MagpieMike View Post
    The irony is that people who (supposedly) voted for parliamentary sovereignty in voting leave, now think its a great idea to suspend parliament.
    No we think its a great idea to stop all this dithering bickering and stalling and see something done that puts an end to it so we can all get on with whatever comes after

No we think its a great idea to stop all this dithering bickering and stalling and see something done that puts an end to it so we can all get on with whatever comes after
    What if the bickering is a natural part of the process after a close vote though?

Page 2 of 156 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast