+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 56 of 156 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Who needs Parliament?

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Have you ever considered that the reason we have gone over three years without getting a good Brexit deal is because there is no such thing as a good Brexit deal? Have you ever considered that the reason so many MPs are being "undemocratic" is that they realise that honouring the "democratic" vote will leave the constituents they represent with a bleak future? Probably not.

Before you respond with "in denial" or "sore loser" don't bother. I am fully aware we are likely to leave on 31st October one way or another, but the real losers will be the lower income families who swallowed the lie that leaving the EU will leave them much better off.
    You have a feeling that lower income families will be the real losers after we leave,you do no know for sure,you cannot know for sure, i like most leavers feel that everything will be fine,while being realistic that there will be an initial shock to the system i have a feeling we will be ok, we all think we know whats going on,but not even those intimately involved in the process can predict how things will turn out in the aftermath,its all just gut feeling much like on the day of the referendum when we didn't have all of the facts and even had a fair bit of fiction.

Had the majority decision been honoured in the beginning then non of this mess would have happened and we probably wouldn't have Boris 'in charge' of the country,the labour party wouldn't have destroyed themselves and we wouldn't be discussing LibDems and Brexit party taking lots of seats in the HoC next time around and our Parliament and Country wouldn't be the laughing stock of the world.

Despite my sometimes mocking i dont blame people who voted remain or think they were wrong or stupid it was their right and they had their reasons which were just as valid as any leavers or mine,i just wish that when the votes were counted that those who chose remain had stood down and accepted the resut, Democracy it is that simple.

What i cannot seem to get my head around is that many remain voters do not appear to grasp that the mess that is going on is being perpetuated by this inabilaty to let it go, the vote was decided 3 years ago, calling for another referendum or GE's or taking Boris to court, political coups,smear campaigns,organised opposition,tactical voting,demonstrations, its all just distraction and encouraging the idiots in charge to continue the chaos, if like sensible people we all just accepted the result then the common enemy would be those who are supposed to be our leaders, and we can address them at a later date, i agree that the whole swamp needs draining as one of our other posters often says.

Its 2 to 3 years of not knowing what it will be like outside the EU that all of us will never get to see, can it really be any worse than the limbo years we are living through now, right now we've the worst of both worlds, we're neither in nor out and we're paying for the privilege, it could and should have been done and dusted and hopefully we'd be on an upward slope towards stability outside the EU (or not), as it is now we still have that difficult adjustment period to go so it is a long way from being over even if we do leave in a month or so,

i wonder if i can take anyone to court when is all over for denying me that 2-3 years,
    Last edited by bridpie78; 16-09-2019 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bridpie78 View Post
    Had the majority decision been honoured in the beginning then non of this mess would have happened.
    The only way the majority decision could be honoured in the beginning was approving Theresa May's deal with the EU. As I recall, that deal was disliked by the majority of both leavers and remainers, but we still haven't negotiated anything better. Basically, it was only a 'half-leave' deal, which seems entirely democratic to me given the 52/48 vote split.

The only way the majority decision could be honoured in the beginning was approving Theresa May's deal with the EU. As I recall, that deal was disliked by the majority of both leavers and remainers, but we still haven't negotiated anything better. Basically, it was only a 'half-leave' deal, which seems entirely democratic to me given the 52/48 vote split.
    Dont get started on May and her 'deal' ffs i'm supposed to be having a 5 week holiday from commenting on this

Dont get started on May and her 'deal' ffs i'm supposed to be having a 5 week holiday from commenting on this
    I wonder if Cameron wishes he'd spent more time planning the referendum and been less arrogant about the expected result, he could have just set a 2/3 majority threshold for change

Interesting that he's decided this month is the best possible timing for releasing his memoirs, more chaos and controversy for the country more Euros/£ in his offshore bank accounts.

Utter w****r

Probably a good idea because it gets harder by the day to make any sense of what's happening. Boris is saying we are moving closer to a deal, the EU are saying he has offered nothing new. Now he has been humiliated by the PM of Luxembourg FFS! I wonder if the tub of lard used to replace Roy Hattersley on HIGNFY is still available to occupy his vacant lectern?

I can only see three options now. Firstly, Boris Johnson is a political genius with an ace up his sleeve which will leave his critics flabbergasted and eating humble pie. Secondly, he will back down and agree to a very slightly tickled version of the Theresa May deal that he and parliament voted against. Thirdly, he will be found dead in a ditch in the early hours of November 1st.

Probably a good idea because it gets harder by the day to make any sense of what's happening. Boris is saying we are moving closer to a deal, the EU are saying he has offered nothing new. Now he has been humiliated by the PM of Luxembourg FFS! I wonder if the tub of lard used to replace Roy Hattersley on HIGNFY is still available to occupy his vacant lectern?

I can only see three options now. Firstly, Boris Johnson is a political genius with an ace up his sleeve which will leave his critics flabbergasted and eating humble pie. Secondly, he will back down and agree to a very slightly tickled version of the Theresa May deal that he and parliament voted against. Thirdly, he will be found dead in a ditch in the early hours of November 1st.
    I think after all the talk of it being in our own hands is done our fate will be decided by an EU country vetoing an extension and we'll be out on 31st without any deal, i dont think any deal boris puts up for a vote can be accepted now by the opposition without it looking as though they are both endorsing Boris and further weakening their own chances at the next GE.

TBH at this stage i'd take a slab of lard running the country over any of the 600 odd in the house,shambles

... " ah, Cameron, old boy, we're desperate, can you write a book pdq, you know, all the pity stuff. I know you're a bit young but it's our last throw of the dice, old boy, " ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackHorse View Post
    ... " ah, Cameron, old boy, we're desperate, can you write a book pdq, you know, all the pity stuff. I know you're a bit young but it's our last throw of the dice, old boy, " ...
    Good point ... or it would have been if he hadn't started on the book three years ago.

Why is any one interested in what that clown Cameron thinks or says?
    In fact I turn off the sound on the news now when they interview the same old bunch of wasters they call MPs.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    Hard to be a bad loser, when you've never actually acknowledge the result of the referendum???

In other news, I thought the Lib Dem move to ''revoke'' was a major boo-boo. While it pulls in that specific section of like minded voters I would have imagined their ''second referendum'' policy would most probably have pulled in more. Seems they agree as they are already back-tracking, (fine tuning???) on a policy they only voted for yesterday.

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_vide...QUL_SoU5Wr.mp4
    The name 'Liberal Democrat' is becoming too much of a misnomer.........however, if they pull in many more Conservative MPs they can call themselves New Labour!

Page 56 of 156 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106 ... LastLast