+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 43 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Who needs Parliament?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    Honestly I see this as the least likely outcome but you never know.
    As Navy might say, stranger things have happenned at sea!

Quote Originally Posted by ncfcog View Post
    As Navy might say, stranger things have happenned at sea!
    Most likely outcome eh? As usual, all total guesswork.

1) Boris brings back May-type deal but with the amendments that Labour wanted when they tried to ''negotiate'' with the Tories, no 2nd ref tho as I very much doubt he'd offer that.

2) Boris refuses to ask for an extension on the 19th Oct and tries to tie the Ben bill, (Bill & Ben, lol), up in legal shenanigans in an effort to string the whole thing out past the 31st.

3) Boris resigns as PM after several days of wrangling about his refusal to go to the EU, leaving plans for an alternate Gov as little time as poss before the 31st hoping that the EU exit comes before anything is sorted.

4) Operation ''Yellow-Commie'' is launched to try and ascertain which cupboard Chicken Corbyn has been hiding in since the word ''election'', was mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    4) Operation ''Yellow-Commie'' is launched to try and ascertain which cupboard Chicken Corbyn has been hiding in since the word ''election'', was mentioned.
    The cupboard he has been crouching in ever since Momentum/Unite forced him into taking a stance that runs against his entire anti-EU political life. Momentum pulling his puppet strings and Unite with their hand up his back passage operating his vocal cords. The Conservative in-fighting has screwed this whole affair up but Labour and the rest have been equally responsible for where we are and Parliament getting on it's high horse now is a bloody laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I think Bozo will cave and dress up some version of May’s deal as a major breakthrough.

I was also wondering what Bridpie thought would happen over the weekend that didn’t happen. He was told, but seemed to be insistent that these idiots had some master plan up their sleeve.
    So what is May's deal?

I think people are being very naive about BoJo. He is an incredibly intelligent person who hides behind a bumbling persona. I think he has played the remainers and they have fallen for his trap hook, line and sinker.

I don't believe that Boris Johnson really minds if we leave in October, or December, or March next year for that matter. He knows he cannot deliver in the current climate due of parliament and his own party. This is obvious and he clearly knows. He is preparing for a general election far more than a no deal Brexit on the 31st of October. What he has been able to do is to get rid of some relatively unpopular MP's fairly easily who will vote against him, meaning that any Tory majority will be a true majority come election time. A general election (when it will inevitably come) will allow him to fill those seats with those who support him and win around the full support of his party.

By parliament passing laws regarding pushing no deal brexit back and getting parliament to squirm on an election after calling for one weekly for over a year, Boris has managed to highlight to the British people that remainers are "against" democracy in two ways, they won't respect the referendum result, AND they don't want an election on the matter either - they don't trust the British people to decide (because they know that they will give the Brexiteers a majority). All Boris has to do is to give them every opportunity possible to continue with this course of behaviour and rile up the electorate. The Brexiteers get up and vote, and the remainers either are truly a minority or they just don't bother voting. The "Youth Vote" of the last election was a lie and a fallacy - it swung nothing and if that is the extent of the Youth Quake then they shouldn't be too scared at all. The SNP will do well, but they won't be in parliament by the next election anyway (and why the hell would we want them to be?); the Lib Dems will "gain" ground of frustrated Labour middle class voters and some CUK's and Labour will lose major seats in the North and even more in the south - the stage is set.

If I'm correct, Boris has played it brilliantly. He is shooting up the polls and soon enough as he continues to allow the remainers to be remainers and to "frustrate" his attempts to deliver brexit he will only get more and more popular. There will be a General Election in March or so and between the Conservatives and the Brexit Party they will walk it.

Theres your trap. The left have fallen for it big time. I despise Tony Blair, but he seems to be just about the only one who has seen through it and is calling out Boris's actions as a trap. An election before Brexit is basically a second referendum, but with the remain vote split between SNP, Labour, Greens, Lib Dems and CUK's (lol). There are too many moving parts there to be able to develop any sort of coherent coalition.
    Last edited by Skatorna; 11-09-2019 at 11:10 AM.

... excellent summary Skatorna. Perfidious Parliament indeed ... Let's clear the swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by Skatorna View Post
    I think people are being very naive about BoJo. He is an incredibly intelligent person who hides behind a bumbling persona. I think he has played the remainers and they have fallen for his trap hook, line and sinker.

I don't believe that Boris Johnson really minds if we leave in October, or December, or March next year for that matter. He knows he cannot deliver in the current climate due of parliament and his own party. This is obvious and he clearly knows. He is preparing for a general election far more than a no deal Brexit on the 31st of October. What he has been able to do is to get rid of some relatively unpopular MP's fairly easily who will vote against him, meaning that any Tory majority will be a true majority come election time. A general election (when it will inevitably come) will allow him to fill those seats with those who support him and win around the full support of his party.

By parliament passing laws regarding pushing no deal brexit back and getting parliament to squirm on an election after calling for one weekly for over a year, Boris has managed to highlight to the British people that remainers are "against" democracy in two ways, they won't respect the referendum result, AND they don't want an election on the matter either - they don't trust the British people to decide (because they know that they will give the Brexiteers a majority). All Boris has to do is to give them every opportunity possible to continue with this course of behaviour and rile up the electorate. The Brexiteers get up and vote, and the remainers either are truly a minority or they just don't bother voting. The "Youth Vote" of the last election was a lie and a fallacy - it swung nothing and if that is the extent of the Youth Quake then they shouldn't be too scared at all. The SNP will do well, but they won't be in parliament by the next election anyway (and why the hell would we want them to be?); the Lib Dems will "gain" ground of frustrated Labour middle class voters and some CUK's and Labour will lose major seats in the North and even more in the south - the stage is set.

If I'm correct, Boris has played it brilliantly. He is shooting up the polls and soon enough as he continues to allow the remainers to be remainers and to "frustrate" his attempts to deliver brexit he will only get more and more popular. There will be a General Election in March or so and between the Conservatives and the Brexit Party they will walk it.

Theres your trap. The left have fallen for it big time. I despise Tony Blair, but he seems to be just about the only one who has seen through it and is calling out Boris's actions as a trap. An election before Brexit is basically a second referendum, but with the remain vote split between SNP, Labour, Greens, Lib Dems and CUK's (lol). There are too many moving parts there to be able to develop any sort of coherent coalition.
    Nailed it. most remainers must be too young to remember the rumble in the jungle

Quote Originally Posted by Skatorna View Post

It's one possibility of many as things are pretty fluid at the moment. There is a theory that the more the remoaners/referendum deniers land blows on him, the more the Leave vote come his way, which seems pretty plausible to me. It wouldn't surprise me to see The Lib Dems really make substantial gains while the Labour Party fails miserably. If you try to sit between two stools, you invariably end up falling on the floor.

Meanwhile, over at Labour HQ...

Corbyn wants an election & then a 2nd referendum

His deputy wants a referendum, then an election

His shadow cabinet want to remain

50+ MPs want to agree a deal via Boris & leave

10+ MPs want No Deal

At least they are all on the same page.
    Last edited by countygump; 11-09-2019 at 03:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    It wouldn't surprise me to see The Lib Dems really make substantial gains while the Labour Party fails miserably..
    Have you seen the state of the LibDems recently?

And as for Labour, how can they sing from the same hymnsheet when their voters 'couldnae agree on the colour of ****e'. I can't even agree with myself on the issue.
    Last edited by Bohinen; 11-09-2019 at 03:28 PM.

Slightly off topic but Labour related, Dianne Abbott has been interviewed about BJ's recent trip to Ireland and said she really liked it on the Emerald Isle, the reporter asked her if she liked County Down to which she replied "yes I do, but I preferred it when Carol Vordeman was on it"

Page 43 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393143 ... LastLast