+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Boris

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Waring View Post
    I have to admit that Boris is impressively outmaneuvering his opponents. Corbyn's vacillations and his unpopularity have driven Labour to the brink of a catastrophe. They would lose a general election, probably ending up with 30 or so fewer MPs.
    The likeliest scenario is that the EU will agree some minor revision to the WA. Boris will bring the revised deal back to parliament spinning it as a great achievement. He will present a "His Deal/No Deal" option. Many of the ERG will rebel. DUP will support. What will Labour do. If they support their Remain voters will go ballistic and many will defect to the LibDems. If they refuse Boris will go for No Deal and Corbyn will get the blame.
    What Labour has needed for the last two years was a brilliant, ruthless, calculating SOB as leader but instead they are stuck with a simpering ideologue. Sad days for me.
    Abandon the Northern voters at your peril.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Since when have mps took any notice of the general public lasterman. I find that very funny if you believe that.
    This is classic Populism in that it relies on a vague idea of "the people" or "the general public" which the populist argues is both homogenous and virtuous and whose interests are constantly thwarted by the self-serving elite. There's a long, long tradition of such populist groups being led by very wealthy and powerful figures who are able to persuade the masses that they are magically not part of the elite.

I have to admit that Boris is impressively outmaneuvering his opponents. Corbyn's vacillations and his unpopularity have driven Labour to the brink of a catastrophe. They would lose a general election, probably ending up with 30 or so fewer MPs.
    The likeliest scenario is that the EU will agree some minor revision to the WA. Boris will bring the revised deal back to parliament spinning it as a great achievement. He will present a "His Deal/No Deal" option. Many of the ERG will rebel. DUP will support. What will Labour do. If they support their Remain voters will go ballistic and many will defect to the LibDems. If they refuse Boris will go for No Deal and Corbyn will get the blame.
    What Labour has needed for the last two years was a brilliant, ruthless, calculating SOB as leader but instead they are stuck with a simpering ideologue. Sad days for me.

...Wow not bad for a Labour party member. All in 3rd person as well. Loves Boris and slags off Labour. Bet you go down well at the meetings Monts. What a toss pot you are and a serial bull shyter to boot as we all know. Labour party member my ar se. Can we believe owt you say on here?

What else is false about you apart from your name? Miller's fan I suspect...you really shouldn't be on here do us a favour and piss off back to pigssquawk or some right wing web site and be with your pals
    Last edited by rolymiller; 31-08-2019 at 10:09 AM.

Roly I take it you're wearing a cloth cap and I'm taking a guess that your favourite dog is a whippet.

It's only a bit of fun roly no offence meant.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Abandon the Northern voters at your peril.
    The "Northern voters" have bought into ideas of individuality and aspiration. This together with the destruction of Trade Unionism in many sectors means that questions of social and economic policy are hazy, complex and uncertain. The binary choice of Leave or Remain was always going to be much more one on which you could mobilise support.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    ...Wow not bad for a Labour party member. All in 3rd person as well. Loves Boris and slags off Labour. Bet you go down well at the meetings Monts. What a toss pot you are and a serial bull shyter to boot as we all know. Labour party member my ar se. Can we believe owt you say on here?

What else is false about you? Miller's fan I suspect...you really shouldn't be on here piss off back to pigssquawk or some right wing web site and be with your pals and get in your clique.
    This is absolutely outrageous and the moerators need to rein you in. You are also an idiot. First off you berk to suggest Boris is "impressively outmaneuvering his opponents" - you could have said the same about Lenin, Lincoln, Blair, Stalin or Hitler - is not the same as to "love" him. Secondly, where does my post suggest I am a Labour Party member? Thirdly, many Labour supporters (of which I am one) despair of Corbyn. Fourth, why do you think you can make such aggressive and unfounded accusations?

The "Northern voters" have bought into ideas of individuality and aspiration. This together with the destruction of Trade Unionism in many sectors means that questions of social and economic policy are hazy, complex and uncertain. The binary choice of Leave or Remain was always going to be much more one on which you could mobilise support.
    But apart from that what have the ...

I like Boris and I think that he's going to be the right man to get Britain through this political shyte storm that is effecting a lot of people but not just in Britain.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    It's only a bit of fun roly no offence meant.
    Grrr!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    But apart from that what have the ...

I like Boris and I think that he's going to be the right man to get Britain through this political shyte storm that is effecting a lot of people but not just in Britain.
    I'm glad you are on this thread. Please read my posts above and then read rolymiller's response. I have suffered attacks from this guy ever since I came on. Can you accept this as a formal complaint or let me know how I can make such a complaint to either Millersmad or Footymad?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast