+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Neilson Contract Extension

Neilson Contract Extension

From the BBC

Dundee United head coach Robbie Neilson is set to sign a two-year contract extension before Friday's Dundee derby.

Well deserved in my opinion. He appears to get the best out of players, McMullan and Jamie Robson being good examples. Great to be looking to secure a decent manager like Robbie than looking to sack csanbles last year and ray the year before. We finally have some stability

Personally i think this is very premature. We should be waiting till Christmas before anything like this...

Wasnt too long ago, only a matter of weeks, that everyone was calling for his head and predicting how long he would last. Thankfully he seen sense with the 2 up front and its worked a treat but it took nearly a year for it to happen...

Certainly not everyone...

I’ll be happy if he is offered an extension as it gives us the stability needed for moving forward. The players seem to be happy playing for him and finally we are beginning to see better performances.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Certainly not everyone...
    Sorry thats true and unfair M, a huge majority called for his head

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    Sorry thats true and unfair M, a huge majority called for his head
    Honestly, I'm not sure that's even true. The way I see it, there are two realities. Actual conversations when you talk face to face with folk and on-line. I don't doubt a lot of the on-line conversation was as you say but that's only a bit of the reality.

East fife. say no more...

The vote of confidence in Robbie Neilson now might act as a self fulfilling prophecy as might have been the lack of confidence that would have been conveyed to him by saying let's wait and see till Christmas.

Also, really not sure that the majority of ppl, even online, called for his head. If we had sacked him we would have looked like a total joke.

Not premature, the obvious decision, the criticism and scepticism about Neilson is/was misguided imo and time will prove that, he was absolutely the best appointment we could have made when we did and we were fortunate in our timing we didn't miss out and he end up along the road, they wouldn't be playing us Friday if so, he only really had something like his own team since Feb and our league record and then is very good and we will only improve under him with this stability and the structure/culture he is looking to create

Great news overall, not even a year until his reign, hope it will be a few years he will be here to build something very good and fend of any other interest when jobs come available (at Tynecastle for one etc)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)