+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stadium sharing in the coooooorier

Quote Originally Posted by HuddersfieldDee View Post
    Plan B would be a smaller Stadium 10k capacity rather than 15k. Plan C would be a phased Stadium. Plan D would be bigger development with no Stadium but a couple of new stands at Dens from the proceeds.

I have no insight but all the above would reduce stadium spend and some would increase development income.
    No objection to plan b but can't see that suiting FPS.

Plan C is interesting but again don't think it would suit FPS especially as they as they are already passed the time they said they wanted to be here.

Plan D I prefer but if they can't get the funding now, how do they get it without a stadium?

Have you no doubts whatsoever we could end up at tannadice?

Don’t know about about moving to Tannadice however the much vaunted ground is a train wreck certainly in the knee cracker and Fair Play

How they are allowed to charge what they do in the bottom section of the Fair Play is beyond me - very restricted view and no protection from rain .

If we inflict similar conditions on the Dabs the the Courier mailbox will choked by the denizens of East Angus

Plan B could be buy back Dens and rebuild the Mainer and the SE. If you are aiming for a 10-15k capacity ground you could put in much better hospitality and revenue earning facilities under the Mainer and use the Cox and Shankly stands for games while the stands were being developed. sort out the SE, first, by extending it and putting in some standing area.

Would stop all the traffic discussions around Nou Campy, and give a much simpler project to deliver with housing, and the crematorium etc. Not sure that the council is all that keen to have another sports complex on the Kingsway that would compete with the development at Caird Park. May be able to go back and support the Caird Park facility to get the training grounds that we need. Capital gain on the new development to help fund the buy back of Dens.

The main problem is the lack of car parking facilities around Dens during the working week to help with the functions side of things. Perhaps there are areas around Dens that might lend themselves to conversion to car parking, not sure where.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    Plan B could be buy back Dens and rebuild the Mainer and the SE. If you are aiming for a 10-15k capacity ground you could put in much better hospitality and revenue earning facilities under the Mainer and use the Cox and Shankly stands for games while the stands were being developed. sort out the SE, first, by extending it and putting in some standing area.

Would stop all the traffic discussions around Nou Campy, and give a much simpler project to deliver with housing, and the crematorium etc. Not sure that the council is all that keen to have another sports complex on the Kingsway that would compete with the development at Caird Park. May be able to go back and support the Caird Park facility to get the training grounds that we need. Capital gain on the new development to help fund the buy back of Dens.

The main problem is the lack of car parking facilities around Dens during the working week to help with the functions side of things. Perhaps there are areas around Dens that might lend themselves to conversion to car parking, not sure where.
    That's the dream for me but see little or no attraction for FPS.

It would cost a fortune with nothing like the potential income of the set up they are talking about at campy.

I'm not scaremongering for the sake of it and I know some will say it's all speculation until its decided whether new ground is going ahead......but these things esculated very quickly and if FPS can't get their development I think tannadice offers them a get out clause.....in their eyes would leave us in no worse a position.

This isnt an attack on FPS in anyway more that I see the Dee support not being alive to what can happen here.....I'll say it again I hope I'm way way off the mark but until we start building this bloody thing the threat is there.....all in my speculative humble opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Shuntz View Post
    Don’t know about about moving to Tannadice however the much vaunted ground is a train wreck certainly in the knee cracker and Fair Play

How they are allowed to charge what they do in the bottom section of the Fair Play is beyond me - very restricted view and no protection from rain .

If we inflict similar conditions on the Dabs the the Courier mailbox will choked by the denizens of East Angus
    They have got two perfectly good stands, although not been behind the goal and 3 ****e ones.

If anybody goes back I'd recommend Row A of Jerry Kerr, decent view, nae **** in the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    That's the dream for me but see little or no attraction for FPS.

It would cost a fortune with nothing like the potential income of the set up they are talking about at campy.

I'm not scaremongering for the sake of it and I know some will say it's all speculation until its decided whether new ground is going ahead......but these things esculated very quickly and if FPS can't get their development I think tannadice offers them a get out clause.....in their eyes would leave us in no worse a position.

This isnt an attack on FPS in anyway more that I see the Dee support not being alive to what can happen here.....I'll say it again I hope I'm way way off the mark but until we start building this bloody thing the threat is there.....all in my speculative humble opinion.
    I think FPS, if they ever decide that they want out of their investment, will want to try to have something to sell. so far the actual football club seems to me to be something that can be sold, there's potential crowds to attract back to Dens and there are new generations of football minded youngsters still wanting to be involved with any football club so why not DFC. The ladies game seems to be progressing too so it seems to me that keeping the football club going and as a result, being able to sell it, is actually the best way of getting some return of the money they have invested.

You are not alone in being concerned that the stadium is actually a potential way out for FPS but the key for me is that there needs to be a viable football team to play there. DFC doing well is essential for the stadium development to be a success and I'm really encouraged by the investment in backroom staff and coaching staff that has been made this season by FPS.

Team needs to gain confidence and IMO that will only come from consistent selections with team set ups where the players are playing to their particular strengths.

Quote Originally Posted by BCram View Post
    I think FPS, if they ever decide that they want out of their investment, will want to try to have something to sell. so far the actual football club seems to me to be something that can be sold, there's potential crowds to attract back to Dens and there are new generations of football minded youngsters still wanting to be involved with any football club so why not DFC. The ladies game seems to be progressing too so it seems to me that keeping the football club going and as a result, being able to sell it, is actually the best way of getting some return of the money they have invested.

You are not alone in being concerned that the stadium is actually a potential way out for FPS but the key for me is that there needs to be a viable football team to play there. DFC doing well is essential for the stadium development to be a success and I'm really encouraged by the investment in backroom staff and coaching staff that has been made this season by FPS.

Team needs to gain confidence and IMO that will only come from consistent selections with team set ups where the players are playing to their particular strengths.
    Your more hopeful than me.

Gonna leave the subject for now, mibbe bring it up Xmas time again if nothing is happening.

Just one last point, you haven't made your opinion clear on.....cud you see DFC playing at tannadice?

I can’t

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Your more hopeful than me.

Gonna leave the subject for now, mibbe bring it up Xmas time again if nothing is happening.

Just one last point, you haven't made your opinion clear on.....cud you see DFC playing at tannadice?
    No I don't see that as any part of the future. Seems to me FPS would be ripping the heart out of their development plan.

OK to leave it just now. It's a distraction, but it is worthwhile keeping the topic alive, IMO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)