+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Training ground sorted

Training ground sorted

https://www.nottscountyfc.co.uk/news...cement-300819/

It's so refreshing having owners with class, that article says it all.

Excellent stuff. 👍👍

So are we using the old lady bay training ground then? Holme Rd I think? On first reading it I thought we were going to be at the Nigel Doughty place, but on second reading seems like it is at their old training ground. Only one I know of on Holme Rd is the Lady Bay pitches?

Forgive me if I'm being a little slow. Long Week!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    So are we using the old lady bay training ground then? Holme Rd I think? On first reading it I thought we were going to be at the Nigel Doughty place, but on second reading seems like it is at their old training ground. Only one I know of on Holme Rd is the Lady Bay pitches?

Isn't their current training ground off Wilford Lane somewhere? Holme Road in Lady Bay is where they use to train when I was a younsgter. I once tackled a young John Robertson on that pitch. Well, I put it out for a throw when he was in the vicinity. That was in the days when footballers mixed with the people off the street.

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    Isn't their current training ground off Wilford Lane somewhere? Holme Road in Lady Bay is where they use to train when I was a younsgter. I once tackled a young John Robertson on that pitch. Well, I put it out for a throw when he was in the vicinity. That was in the days when footballers mixed with the people off the street.
    ...but surely that was what those 2 nice, caring Stags players were doing the other Thursday evening !!

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post

Given that the article says Holme Rd I'm guessing that it might actually be the Holme Rd facility, though I thought it was for Rugby nowadays.

That’s what I thought too. I felt sure when we booted the rugger lot out they went to Holme rd.
    Sure it’ll become clearer!

Glad to hear this news! These owners clearly see the bigger picture and in our position we need to be making friends rather than posturing and making enemies. If Forest get something out of it ( by playing at ML whilst CG is redeveloped) then at least its not just a one way relationship. I’m sure we won’t be out of pocket if they do

It's the old forest traning ground next to the river. You get to it by walking down Trentside under lady bay bridge. On Google maps it looks like it has 2 full pitches and some training grids marked out.

Don't get me wrong when I say it sounds like a nice gesture, I don't want to sound patronising but I think that this shows that a good relationship between the clubs can be mutually beneficial.

I'd still like to see our two academies share and develop the centre on Wilford Lane, not to merge them but so we could all work with excellent facilities.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast