+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: v Crystal Palace

Stalker

It's just a bitter baggie. A blind bitter baggie too. Watch the replay. Don't look at the feet. Look where GC knee connects with JG. Goal should have stood.

Anyone know why the VAR wasn't used? Commentator said they'll go to the VAR but then nothing? I'm figuring it's because Cahill's foul on Jack was outside the box.

Ok found this from the Telegraph "The Premier League later clarified that VAR checked Friend’s decision to book Grealish in case the referee should have awarded a penalty rather than a free-kick against the Villa player. However, VAR was not used to rule on the goal itself as the whistle had been blown before the ball hit the net.

I've watched 20 replays front view back view and each time there is Cahill's upper leg getting in the way. Not his foot which seems to be the focus.

Besides that. We will struggle to get points if we keep giving the bloody ball away. Lost count of how many times we carelessly gave away possession.

Thought we looked better 2nd half showed some backbone after the sending off. I liked that DS went looking for a goal instead of closing the shop. Not at our best today but on we go.

I think maybe, smith should drop the 2 wingers away from home? Ive said it before, play the extra midfielder possibly Hourihane and push Jack forward.
    The jealous and envious lot will always say Jack dived or dives, the main thing in that last exchange was that grealish passed the ball, he did not go down claiming a penalty. If people like the bitter baggy think Jack dived then why did Cahill colapse to the floor holding his knee, it was in my book a penalty, the ref blew too quick and made a big mistake. If Jack got booked for simulation then so should Cahill.
    By all respects you make your own luck, we have had little so far but that performance was not good enough. Two wingers is a luxury.
    We need to get back to looking for 3 pts at home and 1 away from home, make it difficult for the home team. We need some luck but cannot rely on it.
    The Int'l break has come up at a good time Time to recess and review the first 4 games. Had we got that deserved point at home v Bournemouth, you could have said decent start but unfortunately its going the way our critics forcast.
    Get some points on the board, we need at least 7pts from the next 6 games to be on track for survival. I dont think thats too much to ask for?

Agreed with all of the above. The main point for me was the incompetence of this extremely poor ref. VAR for me is a waste of time, no such thing as perfect in sport. But, if we are to have the technology, we must use it correctly. As for the blowing of a whistle ruling out VAR? The whistle should have been blown at the end of the run of play, for suspected simulation. Especially when there was no claim for a foul. What happens when the ref gives a penalty? He blows and VAR checks, same with goals, red cards etc.

Var was brought in to eradicate huge bloopers by refs, and yet how many refs have had decisions reversed by their buddies out at Burton? VAR checks post-goal anyway, incredible incompetence by the ref. VAR is plainly, jobs for the boys? A retirement home for sh1t refs, keeping them on the payroll?

However, we lost today cos of human error. The ref was very poor, we were poor, from selection to performances, especially their goal. It happens from time to time, and we soldier on, no panic. Dust ourselves down and tear into West Ham on the 16th.

Now, be nice to our little obsessive imbecile from the swamps. His own board won’t play with him as he has long been ostracised by those over there. He/she/it has every right to post nonsense from some seedy, darkened, little squat. It’s not offensive, relevant or even funny. Care in the community folks, be kind, empathetic and stay classy.

Joke of a decision at end and something needs looking at for sure..

As for the game in general thought we wasn’t pretty poor tbh and jack needs to be playing further forward as when we went a goal down he was surging forward taking players on etc yet before that at times he was walking over half way line..

Jota should have stayed on but guess he would have done if trez hadn’t been sent off (he was poor) and Davis looked lively and chased everything which sadly wes didn’t do..

Positive we showed some resilience at the back but need to learn quickly as we’ll get slaughtered by city n pool etc

Anyway onwards and upwards

VAR won't be useful until the current group of referees retire. The reason is their egos. It has been a long time that referees have had to deal with lack of respect from players and those refs now have to put up a hard exterior and probably feel like they have to back themselves. Funny thing is that VAR would and should stop any arguments from players. But for the FA to say it couldn't be used because the whistle had gone is absurd.

I've seen a lot of reports saying how we didn't play very well, I think this is absurd. We were severely curtailed in our play by the referee booking four of our players for only one foul each. In that time their were six fouls by Palace, and not one of their players were booked. Clearly, this is inconsistent refereeing at best, sinister foul play if your of a conspiratorial bent... We played well under the circumstances, given that we were down to ten men from the 58th minute. We defended solidly, and their goal only came about by two flukey ricochets giving Ayew back the ball. We were robbed of an equaliser because the charlatan, sorry, referee, invented a situation which didn't exist in the real world... seriously friend seek psychiatric help.

Its a big talking point but im sure over the season we will get one back. Monday and still its the talk of the town with players fans and ex referees and especially with the Tesco tearaways on the Boggy board, their really upset by the fact Jack Dived!! Yes dived but whats their beef, ive been on their board to add my sensible comments but strangely enough keep getting pasted with 'get off here' etc. Its alright for the inbreds to come on here to talk about something that happened in a completely different league which has no affect on them! I wonder why, do you think they might be a tad......OBSESSED with ASTON VILLA. haha, clowns! They have really got us under there skin, I thought small heath was the local rivalry but it seems not. Anyone want to tell them our local Derby this season is v Wolves, i think they may still be in denial...

Read today from an ex ref saying how bad a decision it was and that the new rules for refs is to let play go on for a bit etc.. does make you think he really didn’t want us getting anything out of the game 😱

Quote Originally Posted by dazzyowen View Post
    Read today from an ex ref saying how bad a decision it was and that the new rules for refs is to let play go on for a bit etc.. does make you think he really didn’t want us getting anything out of the game 😱
    Greasy jacks still a cheat the refs have him sussed

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)