+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What a mess

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    Will be a sad day when they leave. Saw my first ever game there Brentford v Swansea.
    Used to stand in the Royal Oak stand with my mates as school kids. That stand was huge.
    Yes I've always liked them don't ask me why The first time I went to Griffin Park was against Derby on a boxing day morning early kick off We had been on a winning streak at the time but for turned over 2-1 think it was about 1994 been there many times since although they don't like us . I still enjoy going better than going QPR Fulham or Millwall

[QUOTE=ramAnag;39314434]2nd October should be a classic at Oakwell then.
    I’d be there normally, one of my favourite grounds, but I’ll be away this time.

We were a bit lucky to win at Huddersfield, but unlucky to only draw with Swansea and WBA and to lose against Brizzle imo. Could easily have ten points instead of six but today we were well beaten and the natives were already restless after Forest knocked us out of the Carabao Cup.

It could all go horribly pear shaped but imo you don’t judge a new manager and a new team in August.[/QUOI
    RA Not sure we were unlucky against Brizzle they were a far better team than us I know they had a goal given them by Malone but there was no way they were ever going to lose that game We huffed and puffed without creating anything It was just Marriott's goal out of the blue that made it look close

You need to remember it was Lampard and Chelsea dragging our whole pre season out ffs

I really hope that little bas*ard fails miserably there, he did the ultimate dirty and took all facking summer to do it

It was quite disgusting how long they took to finally get it done

Cocu had 2 weeks before the season started ffs

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    You need to remember it was Lampard and Chelsea dragging our whole pre season out ffs

I really hope that little bas*ard fails miserably there, he did the ultimate dirty and took all facking summer to do it

Never mind acting like a child about Lampard.We are still waiting for you to tell us what Clement did for this club . You slaughter Mel Morriss when he sacked him now have the balls to tell why he was wrong to sack him

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post

Not sure where you get that from. Yes it took a while for the deal to be done, but to be fair to Lampard, he didn't speak to Chelski until he had permission and we got healthy compo, plus Cocu was appointed pretty damn fast.

Don't see how that impacts on the team as it stands, any team can lose a manager, it happened to the Owls in far worse circumstances (or so it appeared at the time) they seem to be doing OK.

Jurys out on Cocu, on the one hand he has little experience at this level on the otherhand it hasn't stopped other inexperienced managers being a success at other clubs, but then we are Derby and seem to do everything the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Never mind acting like a child about Lampard.We are still waiting for you to tell us what Clement did for this club . You slaughter Mel Morriss when he sacked him now have the balls to tell why he was wrong to sack him
    clement was a dour c*nt who should have never been hired in the first place, more charisma in a bin full of maggots

That was one decision Morris got right in the sacking department

Pearson should have been given more, rowett should have been begged to stay

Cocu probably needs to stay just because we need some stability

Pearson, allegedly, physically attacked the owner /chairman of DCFC, his employer.

In what world is that not a sacking offence?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)