+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fun Manager

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I understand Arabs looking and having a laugh at our rivals failures but, to go to the extent of being happy we get beaten to fuel this is definitely a step too far. IMHO, this wouldn't be a popular view amongst Arabs...
    Yep, exactly where I'm at Terry. I love having a laugh at the Funny Lot like most Arabs. But never, never to the cost of my own club. As the song says, " it's United, they're my own team"

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Why would you happily see us lose? No offence but that's a strange comment to make

Agree, would never happily see us lose a league match, purely focused on Alloa at home which is no guaranteed win, then want to see us go all out to win every game, the fun struggling is merely a bonus and funny side issue

Only at the end of the season and promotion achieved will I spare a thought to laugh at those less fortunate across the road. Not before. A win for United is the be all and end all for me.

Quote Originally Posted by ranaldarab View Post
    Only at the end of the season and promotion achieved will I spare a thought to laugh at those less fortunate across the road. Not before. A win for United is the be all and end all for me.
    ^^^^^^
    This for me. Other results going our way are fine but win this league first foremost and everytime by winning every game we can.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Couldnt be further from the truth!

The reality is that, whatever some of the supporters of our team think, we need a top flight but still in our shadow Dundee FC to push us on to be the best we can be. And seen as this thread is about the Fun Manager, there is very little chance that he is the man to get Dundee up and into that position again. So yes, to loose 2 games after achieving this quarters objective, i will take that if it means there is change across the road. However, there are deeper problems and there needs to be a change at a higher level before things will get better, and i think too many Dees are in their beds to realize that!
    Sorry had to read that a couple of times to make sure I got it right. So you're saying you wouldn't mind us losing a couple of games so long as it helps to make dundee fc better? That's just utter nonsense I'm afraid and even worse than your previous post.

The reality is that, whatever some of the supporters of our team think, we need a top flight but still in our shadow Dundee FC to push us on to be the best we can be. And seen as this thread is about the Fun Manager, there is very little chance that he is the man to get Dundee up and into that position again. So yes, to loose 2 games after achieving this quarters objective, i will take that if it means there is change across the road. However, there are deeper problems and there needs to be a change at a higher level before things will get better, and i think too many Dees are in their beds to realize that!
    Bit early for drinking, no?
    Minter post No. 2 !!!

Indeed, did we not just have our best period outwith the JYM years from 2007-2015 where the fun were not in the same division for 75% of it and weren't missed at all?

Quote Originally Posted by GFLower View Post
    ^^^^^^
    This for me. Other results going our way are fine but win this league first foremost and everytime by winning every game we can.
    I’m laughing constantly at them, but as always my priority is Dundee United, and couldn’t give a monkeys what others do, and remain focussed on what we do. After the blip against Alloa & QoS away, the team have responded magnificently, and the hunger, desire, and buzz is back, BUT we must remain 100% focussed for the upcoming games (against “lesser” opposition), otherwise the recent wins can simply be wasted. We’ve seen (across the road) what can happen, when you’re not 100% “at it”!!
    Arabest and FTD!! 👍

eh? nah I'm more worries aboot the 'broath. Get yer heid right man

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    My entire life supporting United has been about what our Club does - the highlights of my time following this bloody team is what they have achieved from winning the League to Cups to the UEFA Cup Final. I have never derived any great pleasure from the fortunes of others (okay except maybe when Rangers ceased to exist ). This season as far as I am concerned is all about what we do, namely promotion. Whatever happens to other teams I couldnae frankly give a toss about so long as we do what we have set out to do and get us back to where we should never have left in the first place.

Imagine if your 'highlight' of supporting a particular team is not trophy winning but the demise of their rivals, while at the same time achieving the square root of eff all. For 46 years. THAT is a minter.
    Great post

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)