+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Fun Manager

Thing is he's got them to 5th so you could say they're punching above their weight.

Wont happen now ive mentioned it, but as long as results go the right way this weekend, i would happily take defeats at Morton and Arbroath!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Wont happen now ive mentioned it, but as long as results go the right way this weekend, i would happily take defeats at Morton and Arbroath!
    Why would you happily see us lose? No offence but that's a strange comment to make

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    Why would you happily see us lose? No offence but that's a strange comment to make
    Like i said, other results need to go our way, but there is a chance that Dundee could end up in 8th place by the end of next Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Like i said, other results need to go our way, but there is a chance that Dundee could end up in 8th place by the end of next Saturday!
    How can that possibly be worth us losing two games? I care only about us winning the league, winning as many games as possible to do so. I find it incredulous that a united fan can be more bothered about seeing dundee's demise than our own success. That's as bad as the doon derby in my book I'm afraid, embarrassing.

Have to agree, it's a doon derby attitude. Can't imagine there are many Arabs that'll share that view...

My entire life supporting United has been about what our Club does - the highlights of my time following this bloody team is what they have achieved from winning the League to Cups to the UEFA Cup Final. I have never derived any great pleasure from the fortunes of others (okay except maybe when Rangers ceased to exist ). This season as far as I am concerned is all about what we do, namely promotion. Whatever happens to other teams I couldnae frankly give a toss about so long as we do what we have set out to do and get us back to where we should never have left in the first place.

Imagine if your 'highlight' of supporting a particular team is not trophy winning but the demise of their rivals, while at the same time achieving the square root of eff all. For 46 years. THAT is a minter.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Have to agree, it's a doon derby attitude. Can't imagine there are many Arabs that'll share that view...
    Couldnt be further from the truth!

The reality is that, whatever some of the supporters of our team think, we need a top flight but still in our shadow Dundee FC to push us on to be the best we can be. And seen as this thread is about the Fun Manager, there is very little chance that he is the man to get Dundee up and into that position again. So yes, to loose 2 games after achieving this quarters objective, i will take that if it means there is change across the road. However, there are deeper problems and there needs to be a change at a higher level before things will get better, and i think too many Dees are in their beds to realize that!

Wtf??? 6 points and nothing less please. Couldn't give a **** what happens to that lot across the road.

I understand Arabs looking and having a laugh at our rivals failures but, to go to the extent of being happy we get beaten to fuel this is definitely a step too far. IMHO, this wouldn't be a popular view amongst Arabs...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)