+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cocu is not the answer.

rA "Clough had ‘charisma’! Really?"

I suspect the reference was to Brian, not Nigel, who had all the charisma of a white duvet cover

I feel quite sorry for Mel Morris for the first time here

Cocu strikes me as a man who gives up very easy and waits for the axe ie Fenerbache

But who the fack could get this group of useless c***s playing how Mel wants them to play?

We've got huddleston, Dowell, Shinnie, Bieliek and Paterson ffs.... not exactly screaming Man City's midfield is it

those mention scream League 1, esp Shinnie, Paterson and Dowell,, Dowell is absolutely facking awful.

Personally I'd send him and Paterson back right now, and I'd pay Huddleston off.
    Last edited by DCFCArmy; 31-08-2019 at 07:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    His biggest mistake so far was not bringing in someone who is mellow and fun to be around, look at all his staff, they are all quite boring tbh

Darren Lehman the former Aussie cricket coach knew how to motivate their best players, they weren't the best by any stretch but he knew how to get them firing, the type of characters they were and so he introduced a lighter mentality, let them have a drink, was more of a mate, which made the atmosphere lighter and in turn relaxed his players... the 2013/14 Ashes and the next 12 months after they absolutely dominated world cricket, he turned Mitchell Johnson into the most feared bowler in the world.

Cocu strikes me as quite a dour man, very detached from the club and its fans, he needs to build a rapport with them at least, not join in the bounce etc but at least have a chat outside the ground etc. Its concerning because we had a man like this a few years ago named Paul Clement, who had a much better squad than this it has to be said. I honestly think this squad needs a Neil Warnock type character, someone to gee them up and make them laugh a little maybe.

Clough snr I think he was on about not Clough jnr, but Clough jnr was more chirpy than Cocu ffs.

Ah yes, Lehman. He motivated with the use of sandpaper didn't he.

Yeah he certainly rubbed off onto them!

geoff even you can't deny he turned a pretty average bunch of crickets into something greater than the some of their parts

That's what good coaches do, they workout the personalities they have and their strenghts and weaknesses and go from there.. siddle for example was never going to be all out pace and run through batting lineups,,, but he had good line and length and could run in all day, so he was given the job of tieing up the likes of Pieterson etc

It was quite a transformation... and the cheating came much later and lets be honest they were well beat in the game they got caught out in.

I'd like to see Cocu bring in a Vinnie Jones type character

Just someone to gee the lads up,, even if it means headbutting toilet doors

I watched the game & what pi88ed me was watching Dowell, Lawerence & Huddlestone just stand and watch the defence cope after their misplaced passes went straight to Brentford , no fight to bust a gut to get back to rectify their mistake absolutely unforgivable
    Dowell my personal opinion is crap

Dowell is the worst of the lot. Utter pants and I can why the powerhouse of forest let him go now

Utter dog s***

And we've got their other reject Jamie Paterson here as well..... how depressing is that

Quote Originally Posted by AngryRam View Post
    Listen you thick muppet, just how often have I criticised performances? I saw that **** with my own eyes, I am angry, everyone to a man woman and child who watched that today was angry. Normally the away fans are very forgiving but the chorus of boos that Cocu and that team got at half time was deserved. Also at full time.
    Following Tuesdays debacle, people are pissed off. I never said Clough had charisma, again you struggle to read what people post. And you were a teacher. Ffs, that god you never got near my kids.
    You really are becoming a complete ****.
    Oops...you really are upset aren’t you?

Okay...I know people are pissed off and disappointed...me included, but you’ve been on Cocu’s case all week, ever since the Forest match, in fact even beforehand you were bumbling on about how he’d better play a full strength team.

It took you all of twenty minutes today before you started posting more stuff about him. How does that mindset help?

I feel for those who went to Forest on Tuesday and those who travelled to Brentford today though let’s face it...you didn’t go to Nottingham and Brentford is virtually your home ground I believe so it wasn’t that bad for you.

As I say...it’s been a **** week for DCFC, but the guy’s been in charge for six Championship matches. We’ve been here before in Jim Smith’s first season and again under Clement. On both occasions we went on to be top by Boxing Day. I’m not saying that will happen this time...who knows, but what happened to all the ‘work in progress...he’ll need time’ lines of thought?

It takes time and we need a sense of perspective. The Clough/charisma comment was in response to Luckless’ comment...not yours.

[QUOTE=eddy779h34;39314321]I watched the game & what pi88ed me was watching Dowell, Lawerence & Huddlestone just stand and watch the defence cope after their misplaced passes went straight to Brentford , no fight to bust a gut to get back to rectify their mistake

?
    Eddie not sure bust a gut and Lawrence go together How he got to be an international i will never know . Think it was him who sent Giggs grey . We all know what he can do but three a season doesn't wash with me
    Last edited by mistaram; 01-09-2019 at 09:54 AM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)